Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best poles to use for Domestic houses

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Elliott randall

Hi all. I am looking for the best pole on the market for 2 story domestic cleaning and the odd window above conservatories. Any help would be great. Thanks

I use a slx 22.
Have no problems reaching any 2 story houses with conservatorys.

Extensions can be another matter though but even then generally I need the 27 if the 22 is not long enough.

Also wight is a factor as is collapsed length. The 22 is short when collapsed and light meaning I'm faster and can maintain my increased speed throughout the day

I'm 5ft tall and a 22ft pole does most of my jobs including cleaning above conny's and some extensions from the side then I have a 27ft pole for higher work and ones that need the extra reach over extensions

I went for a pathom 18 as it’s lite and can be bashed about that’s my every day pole it’s been a good pole to be fair I wasn’t keen on it at first few things I’m not keen on one is the gouse neck is stuck in pole but I added the gardeners quick lock buy unscrewing the cog the other thing I don’t like is in the sections there is these things that the univalve won’t go through so it’s a pain to change the hose . Other pole is xline nano this pole gets very lite use but I’m not keen on the clamps and sections don’t slide easy but it’s nice pole to use I may change clamps to facelift ones

I would steer clear of the phoenix x poles they were out to quick slx are good but black hands and clamps needing glueing is a pain in the ars

I have an 18 and 25 in van all the time and hits all the right areas. When I do 2 flats I need my 35 foot pole but only once every two months. Wouldn't like to replace the 3 poles if they went missing. Always wear tru touch gloves so my hands don't get wet or dirty.

I use the slx 22 for my residential work.
I do windows above conservatory and 3 story windows with it. It's on limit with 3 story work but I like the extra lightness of the 22. 25 will easily do 3 story, but with a big conservatory on a 3 story house you would need a 27

I use the slx 22 for my residential work.
I do windows above conservatory and 3 story windows with it. It's on limit with 3 story work but I like the extra lightness of the 22. 25 will easily do 3 story, but with a big conservatory on a 3 story house you would need a 27
Thanks, just getting equipment around me will take this onboard

My 18' is ok for nearly all my 2 storey work, including over conservatoys, but there a couple of exceptions where I use a 27'

I wonder why poles never went metric?

Back