Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best was to get black marks off a UPVC frame

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windymillers

I did a first clean yesterday on a bungalow with UPVC windows.

When soaping up the glass loads of black liquid came running out, obviously months of 

dirt and grime build up.

I expect more dirt and grime to come out the next few cleans, problem is it stains the

white UPVC frames.

The customer was great about it and was pleased with the job I did but there are 2 windows

that I would like to improve next time.

Any suggestions on what to use to get rid of the black marks on the frame?

When soaping up the glass loads of black liquid came running out, obviously months of 
dirt and grime build up.
I expect more dirt and grime to come out the next few cleans, problem is it stains the
white UPVC frames.
The customer was great about it and was pleased with the job I did but there are 2 windows
I use Aldi magic erasers, they are amazing. You can buy the branded version, but the aldi ones are so good, get upvc looking like new with just water on them.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

dirt and grime build up.

white UPVC frames.

Sound like the seals have perished, usually if it's black it's run off from seals, brown is dirt, and yellow is nicotine (on insides)

I would use a stiff brush, a bucket of soapy water and the garden hose.   Keep scrubbing and rinsing the seals till the water is running clear.  

Magic sponges are OK but not the best when the seals have been smeared onto the frames.   Unger Rub Out with a scouring pad will work very well as will bronze wool 000 grade.  

For a real cheap fix.  Thinners will work if it hasnt been left too long. 

I would use a stiff brush, a bucket of soapy water and the garden hose.   Keep scrubbing and rinsing the seals till the water is running clear.  

Magic sponges are OK but not the best when the seals have been smeared onto the frames.   Unger Rub Out with a scouring pad will work very well as will bronze wool 000 grade.  

For a real cheap fix.  Thinners will work if it hasnt been left too long. 
I'll remember that one, always a PITA job when they're bleeding.

Back