Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking To Buy A Van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

the payload of that van is around 648kg

if you are looking at just doin window cleaning then you could get away with a 350lt tank, when full that would be 380kg without framework.

you need to count yourself and fuel in the payload too, eg 11stone is 70kg, 40lts fuel 40kg (not saying you are 11 stone! lol )

most lads i see are in transits or the connect van.i like astra vans but low roof ect seen two lads other day WFP out of a zafira!

A zafira would be decent for wfp and astra vans are decent , a lad down my end has a 2 man setup in a astra

I was going for the astra before i got my pug partner and i think a flat tank wud b fyn? With a few extra containers if needed

I run a 55 plate Nissan Primastar 100bhp,( wheelie bin cleaning) dont thrash em and change gearbox oil every year and it aint missed a beat, ive had it from new and taken care off it, my window cleaning van is the lwb 115bhp Primastar van with the uprated gearbox an 07 plate with 80k , drives great and very roomy in back /emoticons/smile.png , the 100bhp are cheap cos the first ones had a bad rep for gearboxes going, oil changes are essential in them models, but real good for our line off business cos they dont rust /emoticons/smile.png

I've got a Vivaro with a 650 tank. Depends on your workload and what you can afford at the time. I stated off with a Fiat Scudo. Great van, just had no turbo.

I've got a Vivaro with a 650 tank. Depends on your workload and what you can afford at the time. I stated off with a Fiat Scudo. Great van, just had no turbo.
what are them vivaros like i here alll sorts of stories about them seen loads on ebay spares or repairs heard the gearboxs are tosh.ive got a non turbo berlingo slow as they come lol need a bigger van

what are them vivaros like i here alll sorts of stories about them seen loads on ebay spares or repairs heard the gearboxs are tosh.ive got a non turbo berlingo slow as they come lol need a bigger van
Ive the Primastar version , basically the vivaro , Trafic and Primastar are all the same, if you can afford the 07 onward 115 bhp version they have a stronger gearbox fitted, i was told when i bought mine too change the gearbox oil same time as engine oil ( easy job for a garage) my 55 plate has 70 k miles and only needed an alternator and track rod ends done so far apart from the usual tyres pads discs etc that any van will need, im keeping it as i'll get sod all for it and its not let me down , like i said get the 115 hp ones , ive got a lwb one and its fab, good thing is they dont rust!!

Back