Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can You Work In The Rain With A Wfp?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Good Point Well Made
Get with it dudes...
You should do a abbreviations page for the site haha....
But thank you, just be polite, most normal ppl understand, I went out with snow all over sills etc today, nobody cared, even get free t and biscuits cos its cold, and i try and look thirsty and cold when their about.....

if your a ppl person cant go far wrong.

Cheers for all the advice ,i think it's hardly ever going to be great conditions cleaning windows in England i think educating your customers is the way forward .

I've had customers when i've been going round saying 'i think it might rain tomorrow so dont bother' which i've then dropped as these sort of costomers you dont need .

It could be the hottest day in august and that evening it could pee down with rain so it doesnt really matter and we all know it's not going to effect how clean the windows are.

Just thought as i was switching over to wfp soon and heard it's not such a problem working in the rain as doing it trad.

how much rain did we have last summer ? it rains a lot now so u gotta make customers get used to it lol

Might be worth checking the brodex site they have some templates of flyers for switching over to wfp and the pure water principles may give you some ideas

cheers for that,i'll check that out.I think your righ,t it is a case of getting them use to it

Might be worth checking the brodex site they have some templates of flyers for switching over to wfp and the pure water principles may give you some ideas
better of makin ya own /emoticons/tongue.png lol

Also depends on where in the country you live. I know if you live in the south east it only has to look like raining that week and people don't want them cleaned whereas further north you get this seems to be less of a problem .In Manchester if I didn't clean in the rain I would never work. I suppose it depends on the type of customers you have and whether they really want them cleaned on a regular basis.
I live in the South East and I clean in the rain although it doesn't rain as much down here.

If a customer questions it I point out that at least half of their windows don't get wet when it rains and also that the tops of the windows that do get wet are usually dry too.

I also point out that the rain actually helps me to clean the windows as it softens any dried on dirt so allows me to clean the windows more easily.

Also, I don't knock on their door until I've at least finished the fronts so I'm halfway through a clean before I speak to them.

theirs a few window cleaners out their that are scared to clean in the rain...

they will knock on the customers door before cleaning and they will ask them is it okay to clean in the rain ? lol

^^ THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO GO ^^

@extremecleansussex agree with you totally but I know some that talk themselves out of working in the rain as probably going to dry the next day. Up here it rains all the time and I either work in the rain or work once a month. I only knock after I finished but most see me and get a hot drink ready. I think some people in the south have a different attitude toward rain than most northerners (southerner in exile )

I know ,i must admit i've been the same in the past ,scared to go out out in the rain in case the customer gets the hump ..i had a customer come up to me today a old lady and said' did you know that it rained two days after you cleaned them last time? i said this is England it does that alot it doesnt mean that your windows get dirty again!! but she woudnt have it ,if i'm honest i'm past caring what they think to a degree

cheers for that,i'll check that out.I think your righ,t it is a case of getting them use to it
If you get stuck. I have plenty of change over letters etc. just send me a Private Message.

If you get stuck. I have plenty of change over letters etc. just send me a Private Message.
Thanks that's really good of you i might have to take you up on that.

@extremecleansussex agree with you totally but I know some that talk themselves out of working in the rain as probably going to dry the next day. Up here it rains all the time and I either work in the rain or work once a month. I only knock after I finished but most see me and get a hot drink ready. I think some people in the south have a different attitude toward rain than most northerners (southerner in exile )
I'm the exact opposite having been born and brought up on the Yorkshire/Lancashire borders. I've been living in Sussex for the past 5 years now.

Back