Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

setting up pump, battery and controller?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

View attachment 8631

Got the 3 components in the top photo- battery- gel 28 amp leisure battery, sureflo pump and a controller.

Are gel batteries any good compared to acid ones? Was thinking of putting the battery in a plastic box to protect it from water spilling on it. Drill some holes so cables can come out and connect to the controller using crocodile clips. Also, the charger thing for the battery is £40 (2nd photo) do I need to pay so much? It charges up to 120amp batteries.

How should I organise these 3 things? Was going to put all three in one of those waterproof, flexible builder's tubs with the battery in its plastic box and the controller and pump mounted vertically on a small board so they are out of any possible dripping water. Would this work?

The battery will be connected and disconnected to bring into flat to charge. I will be putting this on back seat of car for now until I get a van.

View attachment 8629

View attachment 8630

Screw the pump and controller to a piece if wood ,leaving enough wire with the crocodile clips on to reach the battery ,loads of how to's on google

Back