Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Considerate Customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This is an open forum and TBH if you cant express yourself any other way than through profanaties perhaps you should **** off! :finger:
But surely the word G*Y shouldn't be censored? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

But surely the word G*Y shouldn't be censored? [emoji15]
Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I do agree but if not it only ends up being used as an insult. At the end of the day in all seriousness there is no need for any of the expletives we use and we're just being lazy but not using acceptable alternatives.

Are we still so 1989 builders cafe that we must prove what men we are by leering at page three whils swearing our asses off and bragging about what bit of totty we did last night or what we do to the page 3 girl?

I like to think not.

I hate some of this censoring

Try using the word kn0b as in kn0b on a backpack to adjust water flow

Some words don't need to be censored yet i can still say it takes the **** without it being censored

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I personally prefered this place more when it was a bit more of a free for all. A bit of swearing, so long as it wasn't aimed at anyone. Sneaking it past the filter was half the fun.

Oh oh it's sound of the moderator /emoticons/tongue.png gets get kicking wired into liking each other off by jokingly calling each other names /emoticons/tongue.png

@TolishAPurd Can we call u mr Hanky lmffao

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I personally prefered this place more when it was a bit more of a free for all. A bit of swearing, so long as it wasn't aimed at anyone. Sneaking it past the filter was half the fun.
Ok then, shut it tolish you stupid p***k /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png

Inflection of tone is the issue @TolishAPurd.

When typing on a forum there is none.

Examples: @Adams0211 complained about sensorship so I suggested he should '**** off' -- totally in jest but how he 'hears' it is a total **** shoot. He could just laugh it off as the quip it is meant to be or could take offense and be upset as he misreads the 'tone' intended in the comment.

@daveyboy got upset last week as I took a jesting bash at his comments. Once again no doubt as there is no tone in the written word, just what your mind translates it to and davey ended up (according to his comment) feeling picked on.

To clear the air he wasn't, however @daveyboy with you having 3X more posts than the next person that does leave you open to 3X more sarcastic comments from the rest of us. Just the facts.

In the past I have upset @Eviestevie and @Damo no doubt one or two others all over a bit of banter but these things happen.

As a Mod I get a messages weekly, someone is upset cause someone else said this ir said that and now they feel victimised and want to take their toys out the pram and I end up either explaining that as an open forum sometimes these things happen or I send a PM to the culprit asking to please be more considerate. Usually resolves it.

In the case of one certain member my response is a standard 'well what do you expect from @daveyboy ?' (I will leave you to decide the tone of that sentance.)

AND YES OF COURSE IT'S A JOKE!

But lastly toss expletives in the mix and there's a recipe for it all just sounding angry all the time.

I get how things can be interpreted other than how they are meant in writing and that will happen but to be messaging you whinging about what someone has said is a bit unnecessary isn't it

I thought that being grown ups we would sort things out for ourselves. .for example @Green Clean Windows said something..i took offence..i said something back..Darren spoke to me and we sorted it out..no harm done and no crying to others about it

Ok then, shut it tolish you stupid p***k /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png
Carry on like that and I'll beat you like a red headed step child./emoticons/biggrin.png

Inflection of tone is the issue @TolishAPurd.When typing on a forum there is none.

Examples: @Adams0211 complained about sensorship so I suggested he should '**** off' -- totally in jest but how he 'hears' it is a total **** shoot. He could just laugh it off as the quip it is meant to be or could take offense and be upset as he misreads the 'tone' intended in the comment.

@daveyboy got upset last week as I took a jesting bash at his comments. Once again no doubt as there is no tone in the written word, just what your mind translates it to and davey ended up (according to his comment) feeling picked on.

To clear the air he wasn't, however @daveyboy with you having 3X more posts than the next person that does leave you open to 3X more sarcastic comments from the rest of us. Just the facts.

In the past I have upset @Eviestevie and @Damo no doubt one or two others all over a bit of banter but these things happen.

As a Mod I get a messages weekly, someone is upset cause someone else said this ir said that and now they feel victimised and want to take their toys out the pram and I end up either explaining that as an open forum sometimes these things happen or I send a PM to the culprit asking to please be more considerate. Usually resolves it.

In the case of one certain member my response is a standard 'well what do you expect from @daveyboy ?' (I will leave you to decide the tone of that sentance.)

AND YES OF COURSE IT'S A JOKE!

But lastly toss expletives in the mix and there's a recipe for it all just sounding angry all the time.
I understand it, the written word is dangerous and can be interpreted by the mood the recipient is in, or even just misunderstood. I'll take being called a profanity any day over a sarcey comment. Women prefer to use snidey remarks, whereas us blokes generally prefer to have it out. I don't get why anybody would snitch though, I wonder how people like that get through life. If you can't confront an issue on the forum, then life must be tough in the 'real world'.

I did type out a massive post but just deleted.

TBH i have grown up loads in this last 12 months and i just don't care now lol.

I haven't got any issues with anyone.

Back