Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cost of pure water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Daftoldgit

I was wondering if anyone - with a water meter - has ever worked out the cost of pure water, per litre?
including resin, replacement membrabes, filters?
I'm a bit **** at maths, and never kept records of how water much I use just for work anyway
I started wondering when I noticed it was £ 2.35 a bottle at the local garage!! Blimey!

i do recall someone doing this calculation many years ago, if you were ro and di in the hardest water and on a meter i don't think it would be more than £15 per cubic meter in this modern day of inflation,i could be wrong of course but its still the cheapest consumable i have in/on my van with the highest profit margin.
so 1.5 pence per litre to answer your question.

i do recall someone doing this calculation many years ago, if you were ro and di in the hardest water and on a meter i don't think it would be more than £15 per cubic meter in this modern day of inflation,i could be wrong of course but its still the cheapest consumable i have in/on my van with the highest profit margin.
so 1.5 pence per litre to answer your question.
Spotless Water won't be selling water to window cleaners at a loss. What's their price per litre? 3.6p isn't it? @Daftoldgit

Spruce- no idea how much they charge, we don't have one anywhere round here, would their costs be any more than ours are?
Do they have employees working at these places?

3.5p + VAT at most stations but they do charge 4p + VAT in the newer sites with the fast filling pumps
Thanks. VAT will obviously push up the price by 4p a litre for us non VAT registered buyers. VAT for Spotless shouldn't be included in their profit calculation as they pay most of that to the MHRC.

What's your ppm Scottish? mine hovers around 280- 300
I'm at 75 but up in East Kilbride its only 37 because of how high it is
It lasts you a year because you only have around 100 jobs, my tap tds is the same as yours an 11ltr vessel that would last me a week
My RO takes the tds down to 002 so don't really need resin but handy when my membranes begin to age.

Latest Posts

Back