Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cost of pure water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Are you up near East Kilbride?

West lothian, I think alot of people here don't take the water to 0. I got some customers because of the mess the water fed pole used so I assumed that's what they all did, it wasn't until I picked up someone else who said they weren't happy, they had been there the week previous but told me to do them anyway. I said to the other boy have you seen how clean the windows are, and said to him if she's no happy with that then she's no going to be happy with us as we won't get they results. I asked who done them and I seen him a few months later and asked how his worked but others didn't. After understanding how it all works etc it's obvious now people are thinking the tds is good enough how it is.

Changing over the customers who canceled the system because it didn't work was fun lol. I explained if I mess up your windows doing it with a squeegee everytime your canceling me and getting someone else using the exact same tools, the wfp process works fine if used correctly.

West lothian, I think alot of people here don't take the water to 0. I got some customers because of the mess the water fed pole used so I assumed that's what they all did, it wasn't until I picked up someone else who said they weren't happy, they had been there the week previous but told me to do them anyway. I said to the other boy have you seen how clean the windows are, and said to him if she's no happy with that then she's no going to be happy with us as we won't get they results. I asked who done them and I seen him a few months later and asked how his worked but others didn't. After understanding how it all works etc it's obvious now people are thinking the tds is good enough how it is.

Changing over the customers who canceled the system because it didn't work was fun lol. I explained if I mess up your windows doing it with a squeegee everytime your canceling me and getting someone else using the exact same tools, the wfp process works fine if used correctly.
Better being safe than sorry so that's why I have the resin at the end of my RO. Some folk think they can get away without the resin then their membrane begins to creep up and it catches them out.

Don’t shoot me if I’m wrong ?

So looking at average rate is £1.92 per 1000 litres.

So if someone goes through 52,000 litres a year produced by RO and waste is around 80,000 litres gives you around £253.44. You may be charged for waste so let’s go for around £400 for 132,000 litres.

This is just an average assumption on resin, membrane and filters. Let’s take worst case 2 bags of resin, 1 x membrane and 12 filter changes around £690.

Total cost £1090 for 52,000 litres. That equates to roughly £0.02 per litre.

Spotless around £.04 with vat per litre.

My above figures are probably a bit high but just a rough guide.

m
Don’t shoot me if I’m wrong ?

So looking at average rate is £1.92 per 1000 litres.

So if someone goes through 52,000 litres a year produced by RO and waste is around 80,000 litres gives you around £253.44. You may be charged for waste so let’s go for around £400 for 132,000 litres.

This is just an average assumption on resin, membrane and filters. Let’s take worst case 2 bags of resin, 1 x membrane and 12 filter changes around £690.

Total cost £1090 for 52,000 litres. That equates to roughly £0.02 per litre.

Spotless around £.04 with vat per litre.

My above figures are probably a bit high but just a rough guide.
It's helpful to see it broken down like that, would that be for a hard water area? Would the membrnes and filters need replacing more often than a softer water area?

I mainly run on rainwater in about 6+ months a year , collect in 2 ibc,s on my clean roof, at the moment i use it unfiltered, (002 ppm) no algae growth, otherwise i run it thru a 11 l DI vessel.
I’m mostly rainwater as well. 009 it reads but I still run it through a resin bottle in the van and that easily brings it to 000. Resin lasts a long time. Still amazes me that I can use green water sometimes and occasionally a bit murky brown (depending how long the water has been sitting around) but it still dries off lovely!!

I’m mostly rainwater as well. 009 it reads but I still run it through a resin bottle in the van and that easily brings it to 000. Resin lasts a long time. Still amazes me that I can use green water sometimes and occasionally a bit murky brown (depending how long the water has been sitting around) but it still dries off lovely!!
If the water is green or brown you won’t get perfect results it will be leaving dirt behind especially if you look at it in low sunlight. As window cleaners we are charging a premium for our services and should be giving customers a top notch job .

If the water is green or brown you won’t get perfect results it will be leaving dirt behind especially if you look at it in low sunlight. As window cleaners we are charging a premium for our services and should be giving customers a top notch job .
It really doesn’t. I’ve been on the pole for 18 years so know what I’m doing. Maybe it’s running it through the resin bottle that does it. I can’t explain it but i check my work regularly and it’s always spotless and I never ever get any complaints.

It really doesn’t. I’ve been on the pole for 18 years so know what I’m doing. Maybe it’s running it through the resin bottle that does it. I can’t explain it but i check my work regularly and it’s always spotless and I never ever get any complaints.
Resin won’t remove any solids or dirt it will only polish the water after an ro

Exactly, and a good feeling, just using the natural resource. And i we save lot of money. ? youre right about the greenish water, even after DI in the warmer months , but still fine to clean with, but i must say , on a warm day it can smell like an Aquarium?

m

It's helpful to see it broken down like that, would that be for a hard water area? Would the membrnes and filters need replacing more often than a softer water area?
Pre-filters need changing per the manufactures specs for the processing which some don't do me included at times, but I now have two clear pre-filter housings more useful for a sediment filter as they can be checked at a glance ultimately sediment will clog up the pre-filters I sometimes have to change my sediment filter every 2 weeks and chlorine will destroy the membranes the carbon filter stops the chlorine getting to the membranes.

Latest Posts

Back