Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

D.I.Y Electric hose reel conversion for less than £50

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I hope I receive 2 shiny motors?!...

My son has received 10x crappy plastic glasses cleaning things. Why the feck do they send these out instead? If they got the price wrong then just admit it and not accept the order.

Postmans just been and gave me a box with a shiny motor, absolute bargain.

Did you pay £3.49 or the proper price?

How many motors did you order? I bet they're scratching their heads as to why so many people are ordering them ?

Just one to see if it was true lol

I was planning on ordering 50 of them and knocking up leccy reels to flog on

That's scuppered that business plan.

That would've been a nice little business. What I can't understand is why the feck are they accepting orders and blatantly sending the wrong item out to the purchaser? Surely they would identify that they've marked the price up wrongly and refund instead! By sending these stupid plastic spectacle cleaners out they are sticking two fingers up and taking the pee. 

That would've been a nice little business. What I can't understand is why the feck are they accepting orders and blatantly sending the wrong item out to the purchaser? Surely they would identify that they've marked the price up wrongly and refund instead! By sending these stupid plastic spectacle cleaners out they are sticking two fingers up and taking the pee. 

yeh, its a **** take, should have just refunded the money not tried to scam people, which is what t hey are doing, im going to leave them some crappy feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
Postmans just been and gave me a box with a shiny motor, absolute bargain.
Seems like it's just pot luck. People who ordered just before you got wipers.

I regret posting the link tbh, but I waited till I'd got mine to confirm that it was genuine.

I'm glad at least someone else got 1! (Still hope for you yet @LAMS ?)

If they've made a mistake then fair enough I don't expect to hold them to it, but messing around with these prongy things instead of being straight is ridiculous. 

I kinda wonder if we should just delete the last couple of pages as this is a pretty useful thread and is a good reference and don't want to derail it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I regret posting the link tbh, but I waited till I'd got mine to confirm that it was genuine.

If they've made a mistake then fair enough I don't expect to hold them to it, but messing around with these prongy things instead of being straight is ridiculous. 

I kinda wonder if we should just delete the last couple of pages as this is a pretty useful thread and is a good reference and don't want to derail it.

Don’t feel bad, I thought it was a punt no doubt like everyone els, I’ll get my money back just print return label from Amazon post it  job done. 

Don’t feel bad, I thought it was a punt no doubt like everyone els, I’ll get my money back just print return label from Amazon post it  job done. 
Thanks, returned mine today. Sent it Royal Mail recorded as I don't want it to go 'missing'. Although I had to pay £2.50 postage, Amazon said If the wrong item was sent then the error is on their side so the return postage would be included in the refund.

I phoned petrol scooters earlier and I asked him to check my order. Ah a motor he said. No 10 I said and why have you sent me some poxy plastic peg things instead? Oh we sometimes make mistakes. Well according to the internet quite a few people have been sent this plastic thing instead of a motor I said. Don’t worry it’ll get sorted he said ?

Here's the message I received, I understand them not sending items out if it's priced that wrong..

Code:
Hello, 

Thank you for your order.

There has been an issue with your order, which I do apologise for.

The item you purchased for £2.49 was glass microfibre cleaning pads, the price for the Electric Motors is £21.99 This is due to an IT glitch on our system.

What I have done is issued a refund to save any further delay, if you wanted to reorder the Motors for the correct price you are welcome to do so.

Again I do apologise for the inconvenience, if I can assist with anything else please let me know.

Kind Regards

I phoned them today and was told to wait on email follow up.

They  emailed asking what order number was luckily i took screenshot of order page still  waiting on an answer dont even wear specs told them over phone

I phoned them today and was told to wait on email follow up.

They  emailed asking what order number was luckily i took screenshot of order page still  waiting on an answer dont even wear specs told them over phone

When I spoke to them they wanted me to email them a picture of the glasses cleaners. I have and have sent them a screenshot from the Amazon sale. They also said all businesses make mistakes....well they keep making the same mistake, or are they taking the pee?!

Cheers mate

2 for £6.98 . .

05223371-64DA-4E81-BC22-088AED278CC0.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back