Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI stuck at 14ppm

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cleanteam South west

Is anyone else having problems with the DI resin, Tried to types now with the same result ( Tulsion and Unger )
I have even brought two new inline TDS meters thinking it maybe them. 14 years of doing the same thing and for the last 4 months can't seem to get it any better than 14ppm. Im now thinking the manufactures are using second hand recondition resin.

TDS can alter daily just make sure there is enough resin in the vessel to prevent tracking , not trying to teach you to suck eggs but sometimes it’s just a simple thing that causes problems, also are you now using more water than years ago ? This would increase resin usage .

TDS can alter daily just make sure there is enough resin in the vessel to prevent tracking , not trying to teach you to suck eggs but sometimes it’s just a simple thing that causes problems, also are you now using more water than years ago ? This would increase resin usage .
Just tested tap water and its 144ppm
why would the tap water be higher its been on 64ish for 14 years
TDS can and does alter on a daily basis and time of year , also some water companies will draw water from different sources so this will also alter it , I think this is why your resin isn’t lasting .

I’ve noticed that when we have very dry spells of weather such as lately and the local reservoirs get really low my tap tds jumps right up, sometimes doubling meaning the resin doesn’t work as well as it usually does. Maybe this is down to the water company’s pumping water between reservoirs up and down the country to make sure certain areas have enough?
Try slowing your tap down so that the resin has time to work on such a high starting tds.

I’ve noticed that when we have very dry spells of weather such as lately and the local reservoirs get really low my tap tds jumps right up, sometimes doubling meaning the resin doesn’t work as well as it usually does. Maybe this is down to the water company’s pumping water between reservoirs up and down the country to make sure certain areas have enough?
Try slowing your tap down so that the resin has time to work on such a high starting tds.

Just brought a new vessel so will update when got it fixed up, i think its that because around the time i started having problems i removed a rusted screw from inside the head unit. at the time i just thought it was strange why someone had put it in there.

Back