Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drying Cloths In Car?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have about 40 of each type of cloth, dry cloths make my cleaning faster by a fair bit and I will use most of them every three days then wash them and go again, and can not for the life of me understand why people scrimp on cloths
Ditto

what boils me is my work mate insists on drying the sills with dry scrimsyou end up going home with boat load of scrims to wash

wet scrim to wipe sills hayho thats all it needs
give him a slap:D

Would this method work, to dry cloths? I was going to use two broom handles with hooks drilled through them they can be attached to the handles above the two front car doors then on the other side of the handles have some smaller hooks maybe four then have string with loops hooked onto these and the string will hang above the two front seats in the car. Put scrims and sill cloths across and turn the blower on in the car to dry them! The string could be easily unhooked and put on the roof rack if the weather was good! Good idea?

I might have to use my spare key to start the car up to have the blower working then lock the car with my other key! Is it not worth running the car like this to dry the cloths? Waste of petrol?

Best practice is to use a small channel squeegee to take excess water off frames/sills first before drying with a cloth. You can use old rubber for that channel too so puts it to good use. That way you will cut down on a heap of cloths you would need to use /emoticons/wink.png

same as Smurf says I found wiping bottom frame with my sepperate sill cloth before detailing bottom of window stops your detailing cloth collecting water from sills/frames

I have enough cloths so that I collect them in a bag as they get wet / dirty during the week then wash and dry them at the weekend.
Drying wet cloths in the car this time of year will build up damp mould in the car as it cannot dry out properly.
Exactly. I'm sorry but you also lower your business image by having cloths dangling from the windows to dry.

Cloths for sills/frames eh!....So what's wrong with wringing them out by hand.........wimps /emoticons/tongue.png.

And your detailing cloth shouldn't be getting soaking wet if you squeegee correctly /emoticons/wink.png :rolleyes: /emoticons/smile.png.

Cloths for sills/frames eh!....So what's wrong with wringing them out by hand.........wimps /emoticons/tongue.png.
And your detailing cloth shouldn't be getting soaking wet if you squeegee correctly /emoticons/wink.png :rolleyes: /emoticons/smile.png.
my hands get wet and cold and need lots of moistuiser later on at home:eek:

I wished I had started to moisturise my skin when I was younger as it's all wrinkly now and like leather:D

It's way too late for me face that's for sure @norm /emoticons/biggrin.png

I might get a large one and cut it down and give it a go as might work great for all we know

I feel so young until I look in the mirror then wonder who is that wrinkly old man:D

I will keep you posted norm if/when I try one of those cloths out;)

Time goes by so quick and was a stark reminder today time is ticking away when I had to stop work to wait as you do until a hearse and limos went outside of a job today./emoticons/biggrin.png

yeah mate my kids are 2X 8 yr olds and 1X 11yr old run about hours on end and I cant get my ass of my chair:D

what boils me is my work mate insists on drying the sills with dry scrimsyou end up going home with boat load of scrims to wash

wet scrim to wipe sills hayho thats all it needs
how manys a boat load??? iv 3 daft-ish workers who do same as your daft workmate . some days im washing 30 scrims a night,can you believe that

how manys a boat load??? iv 3 daft-ish workers who do same as your daft workmate . some days im washing 30 scrims a night,can you believe that
I can use say 8 to 9 scrims my mate 20 easy when we was trad all the time, i did wander what the crack was , oh ho

wiping the sills with the dry scrims

couldint tell him

Time goes by so quick and was a stark reminder today time is ticking away when I had to stop work to wait as you do until a hearse and limos went outside of a job today./emoticons/biggrin.png
this guys house I clean, just finished his house, wandering where he was, he was always at the house.

next minute all the black cars pull up outside the house.

his wifes funeral, bad timing, wrong plc wrong time eh

Back