Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drying Cloths In Car?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I shut wet cloths in the door and let them hang so not to get dampness inside the car, at the end of my shift I throw them in my empty bucket . I the summer months scrims and micrifibers dry in no time and can be used again if needed by hanging them out the windows of the car but I always have plenty of cloths, all though I use less scrim now as I have dog eared my squeegees correctly now.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Yes mate it would defo be a waste of petrol to keep the engine running as would be cheaper to buy more cloth/scrims as suggested as to mess about trying to dry them. As for hanging cloth up to dry on a line etc inside your car/van seems a daft idea in this cold damp weather as they will not dry anyway.

Ok so dry the scrims somehow as I go along , but is it ok to throw my sill cloths in a bucket and after 3 weeks wash them all together, it takes three weeks (3 houses a week on sat) x 3 weeks = all my 12 sill cloths? They wont rot if I leave them rinsed out in a bucket in my boot for 3 weeks before washing a drying will they?

wow, you cant dry in the car....the windows always steam up too much as it is.....me makes a big pile and takes them in every night and throws them at the wife.....sometimes i miss....

Ok so dry the scrims somehow as I go along , but is it ok to throw my sill cloths in a bucket and after 3 weeks wash them all together, it takes three weeks (3 houses a week on sat) x 3 weeks = all my 12 sill cloths? They wont rot if I leave them rinsed out in a bucket in my boot for 3 weeks before washing a drying will they?
your boxers wouldnt rot either if ya rinsed them out in a bucket in your boot for 3 weeks before washing them

:eek:

but they would be rank me thinks:D

Hahahahaha, you had me going there for a while Slippy.......until your last post.....it's all just a wind-up o_O.

You can't really be serious :confused:......can you!!!!/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png.

My wife once washed them for me and put conditioner in the machine

I didn't know why my scrims weren't working properly next day

got some microfibre now and it doesn't matter what you do to them they always work

(And no boiling when new)

yes i have only just found the wonderous microfibre thanks to mrtaytay..yes i have put conditioner in the water by accident and it kinda makes everything too slippy...

poor jordan on here was quite busy using a scrim but nobody told him about the boiling bit....:eek:

i was lucky as daddy was always filling the house with the stench of boiling scrim...oh the old days..

quite funny the wife adding conditioner....ahh she wanted to keep your hands nice and soft.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh its a bit of a battle getting the washing machine booked for a scrim wash....she tried to do mine with the dog sheets...grrrrr bloody hairs everywhere..

now i have my new microfibres not quite used to them yet i think i want them slightly damp but like scrim...you have to get it just right..

i was messing about on friday far far too much...it was a gated job and so i parked over the road as i try and avoid getting in the way...she had phoned up saying have i fallen out with her as i havent been for ages..in reality...i was under too much pressure and left those that dont moan til last and she was last...mind you ...she still owed me £30 so i wasnt too pleased as the last thing her secretary said as i handed in my invoice was oh i will get that sorted for you...

any way the windows were pretty shi ty...full of cobwebs from the recent baby spider infestation and before the storm of slime as i now call it...

i started out and soon realised i had big norris onboard..my 18 inch applicator and blade..too big for this job ..back to the car..

i then decided to wring out the microfibre and found it was now too wet for detailing....

so back to the car...

and cant remember what else for but i went back a total of four times....

anyway i had too many jobs to fit the day and so i was really annoyed at my wasted time...so i went to get my money...

oh she went away last night for three weeks and hasnt signed a cheque...:eek:

why the bloomin heck do i bother...

I have used microfibre for about 2 years before I stopped before

will never go back to scrim

also if it gets too wet wring it out and keep detailing with it

small ones make good cill cloths as well

ohh no my old scrims are going to be my sill cloths now...funny enough i had run out of sill cloths and was looking for something new...i even tried hessian as its very cheap but although it had good cleaning power its not so absorbant and leaves its hairs everywhere...so old scrims and yes i suppose old microfibres still have a future:thumbsup:

only early days for me but i think i will order another set of five...

The asda car ones are about the size of a decent sill cloth and have the long pile not smooth like detailing ones so help to scrub the **** off sills

i will look for them..thats what put me off in the first place i didnt understand this new fangled measurements me still stuck in olden times and when they arrived i was surprised to find they were the ideal size for my hand.../emoticons/smile.png

Back