Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drying Cloths In Car?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was insurance a very long time ago and back then you went out collecting monthly. Anyhow I arrived at this house and the lady said please come in you were quick. Please site down and I will make you a cuppa pointing too a chair. Found out while chatting when she gave me the old boy policy docs her hubby past away in that chair I was sat on only the night before. /emoticons/biggrin.png

No but gave me the creeps as I nearly spat out a mouthfull of tea when the old lady told me as you do:D

anyway, what do you think to my idea I wrote above abou drying my scrims etc near my cars blower hanging on lines? Maybe starting car up with spare key? Waste of petrol?

Yes mate it would defo be a waste of petrol to keep the engine running as would be cheaper to buy more cloth/scrims as suggested as to mess about trying to dry them. As for hanging cloth up to dry on a line etc inside your car/van seems a daft idea in this cold damp weather as they will not dry anyway.

Isn't it illegal to leave the engine running while the vehicle is un-attended.

And yes....a total waste of fuel .

and dont bother hanging your scrim out an open window thinkin itll dry as you drive along, it wont. i once drove 15 miles and was still as wet as when i took off

get yourself enough scrims for one day wash them every night hang them over your radiators to dry

fresh scrims every day.

then when you are ready buy more , then wash your scrims every other day

yeah as Duncs says

you will look like ya steal knickers off peoples lines and hang them in your car:eek:

yeah i get it. But but this window cleaning is a p/t thing for me and might only do 2 or 3 houses on a saturday. There's no point in me washing such a small number of cloths or drying them in a machine, that's why i wanted to do it in my car.

OK so running the car when i am not driving is stupid but how about small airer on the passenger's seat then when i drive a long the blowers can be directed to them, - that way i wont waste any petrol etc, sound ok? better than the string along the back of my passenger's seat (which i have now), or rigging up something across front seats and starting up engine!

he he nobody going to stop him on his quest me thinks:D

I think he should listen to the wee blue man with the long beard cus mouldys is in his future if he dont:D

BUY MORE CLOTHS until sufficient. You're just risking your health trying to speed dry them within a car plus as mentioned your car interior getting really unpleasant.

Back