Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ecover Vinegar Mix With Aroma!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey Guys: I was using Glass Gleam 4 mixed 1:1 with Ecover and liked it very much. Then I tried Ecover mixed 1:4 with vinegar. Very nice but it doesn't seem to clean fingerprints off storefront doors as well as my GG4/Ecover mix. Now I'm trying the GG4/Ecover mix again. What do you guys think about those two mixes? I only put about 15ml of Ecover and 60ml of vinegar in an 8 litre bucket of water. That's enough to make the water on the glass foam just a little bit.

To add a point. I noticed that detailing was easier with the vinegar/Ecover mix. GG4/Ecover tends to smear a bit and takes a little more finess to wipe up a mistake spot free. I use scrim.

Everybody says the vinegar is better but why is it better?

For me it's about the added shine I get with just a little vinegar, I only put a little in though. It helps cut through any grease though as well.

Maybe I'm not using enough vinegar. I do not have a sense of smell so I'm affraid of offending people. I could step in dog **** and I'd never know it unless someone told me they could smell it.

Becarful if you put to much vinigar in, the mix, then it will leave a layer of film on the window and is a pain to scrim off!

Becarful if you put to much vinigar in, the mix, then it will leave a layer of film on the window and is a pain to scrim off!
How much is to much? Film!!! Now we're talking about to much film on an Ecover thread.

4 capfuls to say 10 litres of water is enough, max 5, any more, or not enough soap or not enough water is too much!

How much is to much? Film!!! Now we're talking about to much film on an Ecover thread.
I put a couple of capfuls or say 2 tablespoons (ml?) in a gallon. I've also found that too much leaves a white residue when it dries if any is left on the glass.

Do you guys have GG4 float bottles? It measures off exactly 30 ml with one squeeze or only 15 ml per squeeze if ya like.

Twice that in 8 lt would be ok, general rule for me is when I can just smell it over the soap mate. Like I said I don't rely on it for any cleaning really but it does give a little extra shine in my opinion. I especially like to use it on interiors, it's a good deodoriser (customers have commented).

I said I don't rely on it for any cleaning really but it does give a little extra shine in my opinion. I especially like to use it on interiors, it's a good deodoriser (customers have commented).
Deodorizer? This is window cleaning. I really can't smell. What is the benefit of deodorizing in window cleaning?

Latest Posts

Back