Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

End of tennancy prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

my son uses a gardiners v3 backpack just under full flow & it just sheets of the glass. i just got set up with a pump box i use it on 50 no where near as fast as my lad but ok for me, i started off at 40 & that deff slowed the rinse down but i rinse on the glass so that might affect it

I rinsed on the glass for the first time today, sooooooo much quicker. Still sloooooow though, just not as sloooooooooooow lol.... Lets see if I get any complaints over it today :whistle:

I rinsed on the glass for the first time today, sooooooo much quicker. Still sloooooow though, just not as sloooooooooooow lol.... Lets see if I get any complaints over it today :whistle:
What flow rate you on @MrBump ?

Have a 6L 100psi (I think) gardiners pump and I usually have it on around 28-36. I will probably up it to 40-44 when I fit my new 400ltr tank, but have to be a little careful with my little 150ltr. But to be fair any higher than 40 and I worry water will get in the seals of old windows, in through air vents or it splashes out with too much force. Currently use pencil jets (I think 2mm, from gardiners). Which is why I was thinking I might get away with 50-60 if i used fan jets maybe as there would be less force..?

@MrBump yiu need to up the flow a lot! When I first went wfp, I also ran at 38-40 but it's not practical, you need to be on 75 for Better rinsing and it will speed you up no end!

I run 75 and it's perfect, try it!

It's horrible trying to rinse at low flow, you will speed up by a lot with higher flow mate

I've got a 250L tank, pencil jets and have it at 50 as standard. Only go up to about 65 if they are very grubby and down to about 40 if they are in very good condition.

Personally I like having a small tank mainly cause the van is used for other things (alien trafficking & portable strip club) ......but also having a small tank & relatively high flow keeps me working at a nice quick pace.

Gave you a funny for the bit in brackets @Alien Human !

It's actually not any better for water consumption to be on a low flow as your just spending longer rinsing, so using about the same amount of water as fast flow with less time rinsing...

75 WOW i might try that towards the end of the day but i really doubt i could work fast enough for that lol

75 WOW i might try that towards the end of the day but i really doubt i could work fast enough for that lol
Lol!

I got so fed up of slow rinsing, particularly on hydrophobic glass! I now find I'm so much faster with high flow, and I don't use any more water as the rinse is so much faster as said above ^^

Agreed - does anyone else find that their standard flow rate increases more and more?

My standard used to be 30, quickly moved up to 40, then 45 and thought that was a bit of an odd number so popped it up to 50........recently been cleaning at 65 and have found that does a decent quick clean etc etc etc.

Im gonna get some 3mm pencil jets in the future to aid flow as well :thumbsup:

Beifre long I'll be on about 10lpm :rofl:

Im gonna get some 3mm pencil jets in the future to aid flow as well :thumbsup:
Beifre long I'll be on about 10lpm :rofl:
Appreciate that you are joking /emoticons/smile.png ......but Can you get pumps that produce flow above 100?

Appreciate that you are joking /emoticons/smile.png ......but Can you get pumps that produce flow above 100?
Well the pump is what matters, I think the max I've seen is about a 7lpm pump... So set at 100 on the flow controller that should be 7lpm...

Yeah jonny Sanderson has max flow and 3mm pencil jets, but then he has super soft water so can literally have it like that all the time

Yeah don't spinal tap do one that goes to 111 /emoticons/biggrin.png

Jake what pump specs you got? I'll have a go at 50-60 tomorrow, been on 28 all day today so that will be double it. I might get one whole job done before I need to refill if I'm lucky lol. To be fair I do spend half my time chasing a bit of dirt down a frame or the glass with my dribble pushing it down like a granny pushing a fully loaded trolley up a hill /emoticons/wink.png I'm just worried that at a high pressue it will damage a seal, get inside double glazing, in a vent or in some way make me regret it. If its 100% safe though then I guess thats what I need to do! ;-)

I'm doing a PL footballers house tomorrow, (hmm I wonder if I should get him to sign my pole haha), it will be the perfect time to up the flow though as its not a small gaff!

I have mine on full crack but its only 1 100psi 4lpm pump.

Using the aquqadapter i find i use only same amount as i would using less flow, just turn on and off a lot more.

Yeah it will be safe @MrBump ! Don't worry about seals or vents, no where near enough pressure to even slightly worry about it!

Let us know tomorrow how you get on! And yes chasing dirt with low flow is just using more water..../emoticons/wink.png

Back