Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Enjoy traditional cleaning more?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

davewindowcleaner

I used wfp for many of my work but I do tend to find i enjoy window cleaning more the traditional way.

Especially smaller properties I feel safe going up the ladder.

Any of you feel the same?

hey come on.....dont tell me wfp doesnt give you a good workout....i have done an hour and half most days this week and its nice for the stomach muscles...and with my pole...arm muscles.....its certainly the way to warm up for the day..

..trad does of course depend on just how fast you move but i find both give a good workout...especially...with a time factor involved like now as in...its going dark...

..and of course for a toy wfper like me...there is the constant running backwards and forwards to fill up.

.ahh i evolved a new plan today for next time....its called...dump the barrels in a custys garden.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I love being up a ladder tradding

More of an art than wfp

Before you guys moan i don't mean wfp involves no skill but to trad well with hardly any detailing is a theraputic thought process that goes on in my head

what size squeegee

How to squeegee

Etc etc

yep davewindowcleaner ...with my well known lazy gene...i would be dead without windowcleaning...i mean...i need the money and it keeps me alive what more could you want.....

i was somewhat amazed myself to just go straight back to work after two and a half weeks of eating cra p and sitting on the settee without moving other than my calls of nature and there i was straight back to work....cant believe this body of mine but i am happy it allows me to do this....one month to go and counting....

oh believe me daveyboy1 both are equal in the skill stakes...and i have a long way to go yet with wfp...but ...i can also see the advantages.....

on the area i am on i conserve pure as we toy wfpers do....and i have hit on a plan to just do all the annoying little top openers and stupid tiny top windows on the front bays i have...and come back after with big norris my 18incher and trad the bigger lower windows off...its looking good....of course i can check the wfp has done its job as well ....any mistakes have been....

operator error...ooops...back to school..:itwasntme:

I don't get it cheapie

If you wfp it why the need to trad check it

You need to be confident it is a good job or might as well trad them while you're up the ladder

I used wfp for many of my work but I do tend to find i enjoy window cleaning more the traditional way.
Especially smaller properties I feel safe going up the ladder.

Any of you feel the same?
I'm 100% trad and I love it, it's very satisfying work, and I've done all sorts.

I don't get it cheapieIf you wfp it why the need to trad check it

You need to be confident it is a good job or might as well trad them while you're up the ladder

good point.....i dont so much check as ....clean the sills....cause to clean the sills with the brush i would have to faff about altering its angle and i canna be bothered...

i am confident to do full houses without taking the ladders off the car but....you have to be careful....you really need a lot of pure to wash off the top of the frame before you can be sure that dirt doesnt drip down after you have gone.....and i havent got much pure...at the mo....

so being a trolley dolly....its just quicker to check and do the sills....

leaving cobwebs behind means i havent scrubbed enough....and i can leave cobwebs behind trad too...

some windows today took three attempts trad to shift whatever cr ap it was ....its been a long time...at the end of the day the best equipment any one on here has is....his or her....mincepies....okay....eyes.../emoticons/biggrin.png dont forget....i am only a learner...and we all had to learn at some point....i may even stick a red l plate on my trolley....

thats why i enjoy being hybrid....you get the best of both worlds....and of course...i forgot the best bit....the weightlifting...two barrels of 25 litres at a time every morn....

and of course ...that reminds me....bye bye wifey i said....

er...dont you need that water in the extension then...?

ahh well i suppose its better than the couple of times i forgot my ladders...:rolleyes:

it was quite funny today....i cleaned my own faccia....a job i used to hate and took ages to keep moving the ladder and my driveway full of cars and uneven....

twas a doddle now...my ladders of course...stayed on my car..../emoticons/biggrin.png

it was quite funny today....i cleaned my own faccia....a job i used to hate and took ages to keep moving the ladder and my driveway full of cars and uneven....
twas a doddle now...my ladders of course...stayed on my car..../emoticons/biggrin.png
My windows, fascia, soft and gutters are a right mess, can't afford to get them cleaned.....

I like being a hybrid too, sometimes I think on normal residential housing, trad is probably quicker, as have to wait for water to drip down to trad bottoms, but I like not having to run up and down ladders and trying to get them level and everything is damp and slimy just now, im 41 and think the wfp is a good option, I love lifting/squatting two 25ltr barrels now, certainly strengthens the "core". Today I had a stretch of four houses together and its great just going all the way down without having to move the trolley to clean all the tops wfp, I would have been up and down the ladders 16x's :eek: I do use ladders on a few jobs and there is a kind of satisfaction attached to it:thumbsup:, but in my eyes im there to clean windows and have my legs to keep intact so wfp is for me, I would prefer to be 100% trad, as there is a lot of faffing with wfp. Pole hose does my head in kinking up, but I would probably wipe out things with the ladders.

In short trad is more skilled and you get to see the end result immediately, which is satisfying, nothing like cleaning a window and it feeling like your inside the house, as its that clean:thumbsup:.

Back