Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Exceed hoseless

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 84

Hey all. Looking at trying the above out. I've searched the previous posts but all manly explaining fitting.

I'm wanting to know if it worth doing or if its going to cause future problems.

Do all the fittings work has they should I'm worried I'm going to get it and have fittings popping off whilst working. Does the hose behave itself if the poles not extended.. 

I'm going to fit the onto Gardiner SLX 30 and use the hose to connect to a SLX 18.

Is there a tip when fitting to not have to fit the plastic collers on to the poles.

Thanks in advance

Ps is there any discount codes for exceed at the minute ?

Last edited:
Hey all. Looking at trying the above out. I've searched the previous posts but all manly explaining fitting.

I'm wanting to know if it worth doing or if its going to cause future problems.

Do all the fittings work has they should I'm worried I'm going to get it and have fittings popping off whilst working. Does the hose behave itself if the poles not extended.. 

I'm going to fit the onto Gardiner SLX 30 and use the hose to connect to a SLX 18.

Is there a tip when fitting to not have to fit the plastic collers on to the poles.

Thanks in advance

Ps is there any discount codes for exceed at the minute ?
You're wasting your money buying the kit!

All you need is rectus fittings/Ez snap have 6" of pole hose sticking out the base of your pole with the male fitting then redt of your pole hose on the reel with the female fitting to attach to your pole or poles that's all I do and have done for years now.

We have run hoseless since it came out , around 26-30 poles , like all things fittings ware out and need replacing now and again but yes it works well I now make my own kits up rather than buying them but I do use the exceed sleeve they are expensive but rarely need replacing although they are plastic last several years . I personally would never go back to pole hose hanging out the end of the pole needing coiling up it’s very time consuming and easily gets caught and tangled up it’s one of the best modifications to ever be invented fir WFP as far as Ime concerned. 

We have run hoseless since it came out , around 26-30 poles , like all things fittings ware out and need replacing now and again but yes it works well I now make my own kits up rather than buying them but I do use the exceed sleeve they are expensive but rarely need replacing although they are plastic last several years . I personally would never go back to pole hose hanging out the end of the pole needing coiling up it’s very time consuming and easily gets caught and tangled up it’s one of the best modifications to ever be invented fir WFP as far as Ime concerned. 
It only needs coiling up when the day is finished. My poles stay connected to my reels all day. Just grab the pole, walk to the windows, pull univalve and away you go.

I never change over poles during the day, so have no interest in going hoseless. Each to their own etc ?

It only needs coiling up when the day is finished. My poles stay connected to my reels all day. Just grab the pole, walk to the windows, pull univalve and away you go.

I never change over poles during the day, so have no interest in going hoseless. Each to their own etc ?
We don’t leave poles connected as water is continuously re circulating to the tank , but yes there are several ways you can accomplish this , also we use floor rollers so couldn’t leave poles connected . 

We don’t leave poles connected as water is continuously re circulating to the tank , but yes there are several ways you can accomplish this , also we use floor rollers so couldn’t leave poles connected . 
I use floor rollers too and it’s easily done ?

What do you do shut the hose in the doors ??? 
Yes. It stops at the protector ball. I then slide the pole onto the rack through either of the side doors, sling in the excess pole hose and shut the door. 
It’s only the pole hose between the doors so causes no problems and takes seconds ?

What does the Exceed sleeve actually do? I might make my pole hoseless as i think it would make adding a extra section a lot easier

Once hoseless then you can't go back to hose hanging out of pole. ?
I'm hoping so. The van I have is smallest I've owned and I've got 3 poles in the back a 75 ft 30 ft and 18ft so my plan is to run the 40ft and 18ft of one hose. It's annoying when the hoses get mixed up so this should help alot 

It disconnects the male and female fitting without being able to get your fingers to the fitting up inside the pole 
Ahh ok, I think I was getting mixed up with something else, when I watched squeaky clean Dave he fitted a collar/sleeve to the top of the first section of pole. I thought that's what you were talking about. I know the bit you mean for the rectus fitting removal

So i was thinking, do you have to use the Exceed pole hose inside the first section or can I just use my normal Gardiner (FLEXIBLE REINFORCED YELLOW PVC) pole hose or would it be too stretchy to pull off the rectus fitting.

As i was just going to just buy the rectus sleeve, the collar and bung parts only

So i was thinking, do you have to use the Exceed pole hose inside the first section or can I just use my normal Gardiner (FLEXIBLE REINFORCED YELLOW PVC) pole hose or would it be too stretchy to pull off the rectus fitting.

As i was just going to just buy the rectus sleeve, the collar and bung parts only
I just use Exceed Red All Seasons PU hose inside pole, never had a problem.

Looks like Exceed have changed the hoseless system, can't seem to buy the bung that goes into the bottom of the first section or the sleeve

The new version just seems to be hose hanging out the bottom of the pole?
I agree but it looks like a slimmer version, to slide up the pole easier, I could be wrong. I think Squeeky clean Dave is trialing it and going to do a review, so I will hang on. I have not converted my poles over, but it does seem so much better than the hoses from two poles tangling up

Back