Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift Phoenix Extensions?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

timbeam

I have the phoenix 22 with ultra light section to make it 26 but I was just wondering if it could be extended any further?

I've looked on WCW but couldn't find anything. Just wondered if any of you guys had done it.

Cheers!

I have the phoenix 22 with ultra light section to make it 26 but I was just wondering if it could be extended any further?

I've looked on WCW but couldn't find anything. Just wondered if any of you guys had done it.

Cheers!
i dont think u can m8 26 is ur lot .i have a 22 ft phoenix im guna order the ultra lite sec to how bendy is the ultra lite sec ??

i dont think u can m8 26 is ur lot .i have a 22 ft phoenix im guna order the ultra lite sec to how bendy is the ultra lite sec ??
I have brought 2 extra extensions for my 26ft UL so its now a 32ftUL

Thanks rc, that was the next thing to try. Do you remember how much the extensions are and how long they are?

Tench - the ul is bendy because it has such a small circumference but it is well worthwhile for when you need that extra reach.

Thanks rc, that was the next thing to try. Do you remember how much the extensions are and how long they are?

Tench - the ul is bendy because it has such a small circumference but it is well worthwhile for when you need that extra reach.
thanks bud ill get 1 cos 22 is a tad short 4 the odd job

I have brought 2 extra extensions for my 26ft UL so its now a 32ftUL
where do the sections fit m8 the base of pole or the tip of pole ??? b nce if they were like the gardeners just slide on the base an off u go

Just be careful tench as they cannot take the weight of your tecbuk brush and will probably snap the section lol
lol there was talk about snaped sections a wile ago ?? mind u i have butcherd my tecbuk now fiels a lot liter than it did almost as lite as a gardener sl :Image13:

where do the sections fit m8 the base of pole or the tip of pole ??? b nce if they were like the gardeners just slide on the base an off u go
they just slide on at the bottom, they are better than gardiners as you don't have to force the clamps apart to get the sections on or off so very quick to do!

Nice one, sounds ideal. Then you can just slide them on when you need them.

Cheers RC,that's a big help. /emoticons/wink.png

they just slide on at the bottom, they are better than gardiners as you don't have to force the clamps apart to get the sections on or off so very quick to do!
Hi RC
I didn't know you had any of our extensions? You do not have to 'force the clamps apart to get the sections on or off' on the Gardiner range of poles.

The extensions simply slide over the base of the pole once the end cap is removed. Very quick and simple as hundreds of users can attest to.

Hi RC

I didn't know you had any of our extensions? You do not have to 'force the clamps apart to get the sections on or off' on the Gardiner range of poles.

The extensions simply slide over the base of the pole once the end cap is removed. Very quick and simple as hundreds of users can attest to.
no I haven't got any of you poles or extension, oh ok just that you have the stop tap on your poles that stops section coming off,

Official response:

"There is no set weight limit for the ultra light section. We have trialed it using heavier sill brushes and the section can support the weight, although we would recommend using the lightest brush you have for most jobs using the section."

Kind of a should be ok but don't blame us if it snaps kind of answer.

The bottom line is if they aren't willing to state a max weight, if it did snap, they should replace it under warranty. That's the way I see it anyway. :)

no I haven't got any of you poles or extension, oh ok just that you have the stop tap on your poles that stops section coming off,
If you loosen the clamp slightly the section will come out over the end stops.

With the Extensions there are no joint-stop tape fitted on the handle sections of the pole so they simply slide on and off when needed and use the overlap woven in section to let you know when to stop extending.

As Belfastcleaning has already said if you want to remove sections from a pole, due to the greater degree of movement in the new Smart Clamps all you have to do is undo the lever adjuster a couple of turns and you can simply slide the joint-stop tape out past the clamp. With the new system you have the best of both worlds in being able to have joint stops and yet still add or remove sections easily.

thanks m8 ill look in to that as im not keen on a bendy section rather add a stiffer normal fick end section on :Image13:

The ultra lights aren't that bad mate. They have their advantages. They weigh virtually nothing and they don't make your collapsed pole any longer, unlike if you get an extension at the other end ;-)

Going to buy pheoix pole x18 22 carbon reach have a tecbuck brush for everyday use.is if I use the ultra light section is it going to break surely not.

Back