Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flyers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Very nice /emoticons/wink.png I myself would not have put any prices on it though as you are price conditioning ppl with very low prices. So for instance when someone wants a quote for say windows then give a much higher price than £6.50 some will kickoff. Likewise for any other of your services offered but after saying that does it work for you?

Well, flying in the face of everything everyone has just said is our new design.. whatcha think guys?

15169_190769987714557_1822526852_n.jpg

I see your point but the idea with flyers for us is to get them to have us round for a quote. It's true that usually the price will be higher than the one on the flyer, but this is an old trick in advertising, we normally charge about a pound a window so when we explain our prices, they make sense.

As for will it work - I've noooo idea. The last flyers we did were really rubbish, handed out loaaads and never got any response - so hopefully these will be a bit better. I have also tried black and white photocopied flyers under a different 'sole trader' style brand and didnt have any success either - so it could be that my areas are just pants for return rate on flyers..

when you say you charge a £1 a window what are peoples reactions i tend to charge around 80p a window most people think its too much lol.

nice flyers them can work both ways with the price thing.

I charge £1 a window for 'normal' windows, if it's a 'big' window it's £2, if it's a 'small' window it's 50p. What counts as big, medium or small pretty much comes down to how I feel on the day. I count the front door as a window because I clean the door and the doorstep. I wipe all frames and sills too.

If they think that's too much then I don't really want them on my books, although I do sometimes knock a bit off for people that seem nice or that have something about them that makes me think they'll be a good customer.

But the ones that are 'ooh, err.. that's a bit much.." - well, that's the price it is, i'm a trained professional with professional tools and skills that pays tax and has 5 million quids worth of insurance in one form or another, and I don't need messing about when it comes time to get paid or being replaced with someone because they're 50p cheaper. I tell em by all means shop around and go with who you want to go with but remember you get what you pay for. If they go for a cowboy, they do, no bother to me..

Also I'm planning on putting a few up in price come new years.

I wish I was Indian so I could use the tagline "You've tried the cowboys, now try the Indians!" I think it'd be a good marketing strapline.

I charge £1 a window for 'normal' windows, if it's a 'big' window it's £2, if it's a 'small' window it's 50p. What counts as big, medium or small pretty much comes down to how I feel on the day. I count the front door as a window because I clean the door and the doorstep. I wipe all frames and sills too.

If they think that's too much then I don't really want them on my books, although I do sometimes knock a bit off for people that seem nice or that have something about them that makes me think they'll be a good customer.

But the ones that are 'ooh, err.. that's a bit much.." - well, that's the price it is, i'm a trained professional with professional tools and skills that pays tax and has 5 million quids worth of insurance in one form or another, and I don't need messing about when it comes time to get paid or being replaced with someone because they're 50p cheaper. I tell em by all means shop around and go with who you want to go with but remember you get what you pay for. If they go for a cowboy, they do, no bother to me..

Also I'm planning on putting a few up in price come new years.

I wish I was Indian so I could use the tagline "You've tried the cowboys, now try the Indians!" I think it'd be a good marketing strapline.
fair play lad i get sick of customers thinking i work for free sometimes realy gets to me

Is that your new van Kips?

I thought you window cleaned on a bicylce? /emoticons/tongue.png
Lol, we've had the van for ages, the window cleaning bicycle is just for when I'm working by myself around the area I live in - No driving license.., although that is soon to change /emoticons/smile.png

KIPS, ive noticed you use a karcher patio cleaner with your pressure washer, can you let me know which pressure washer you use, im on a tight budget for now but a few people have asked me for quotes, its racking my brains which one to get nothing too big im just learning, so id need a lot of experience on small customers drives. if it takes off smiles all round. ready for spring. cheers, or if youve any advice would be great. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

@swas i got given a wicks power washer of a old custy never let me down its ok for patios and small drive ways karcher are spot on if you do get one

I honestly would not turn up with a diy electric pressure washer to try cleaning a driveway or patio for theses simple reasons:

looks unprofessional

psi & flow rate to low l

doesn’t do a very good job

will take forever

motors/pumps don't last long.

Don’t waste your money on buying a toy chaps as most domestic pressure washing jobs I do ppl already own a diy karcher or something similar. Go figure. /emoticons/biggrin.png

yh thats what i thought, id feel unprofessional turning up with the karcher, would like a nice 300 bar petrol one really

We use a 260 bar petrol pressure washer. The karcher head just happens to be the one we were using at the time.. I cant remember how much it cost but it does a good job /emoticons/smile.png

Back