Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail

• Thread starter Stayclearwindowcleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

No mate

I've been at sons rugby match 40 miles away most of the day will definitely do it tomorrow for you

20° makes a big difference as a hand tool also

Give that a try

Been playing with it all day it's makes such a difference with that angle on the pole and as normal. Great advice glad I've done it now cheers

With the angle adapter it is surprising how little you actually need to bend it from straight

I use the unger ally and plastic one and only usually bend it between 1 and 2 clicks forward unless working in a narrow alleyway so working standing almost against the wall in front of me so then i need a few clicks to clear the sill above

I was experimenting today with the angle and how far to sand away from the Windows I know it will vary from window to window but I'm getting there slowly

I will do a vid if you still want but i found this one of wagga doing it exactly like i do except my liquidator channel or my modded wagtail channel means i don't need the detailing tool and i also don't use the cable ties to stop the excess swivel of the channel either

If i do miss an edge i can just chuck a doubled over microfibre over the pole tip to detail if needed same as boarcity does

[media]

[/media]

Does the liquidator channel go on ok or is there any mods to do. The vid was Ideal

Depends what wagtail you have

I have a slimline flipper which i put the liquidator channel in then heated the underside of the clamp with the heat gun and pushed it against the bottom of the channel just to take up about mm of play and it's perfect

I also drilled a hole in the top where the screw in the wagtail can fit in just to make it 100% secure

The wagtail channel still fits in with a push if needed

Pics to follow

I've got the position glide and combo. Just wondered how the clips went on

The slimline has velcro clips that slide on the channel

They slide on the liquidator too just need the end 1cm or so cut off to fit the clips on

I also slightly trimmed the channel down to fit exactly with the scrubber size with the clips on

If putting back on the wagtail channel then just slide both bits on

View attachment 5956 I just put a detailing tool made from an old piece of liquidator prototype channel just to see how it works

I am wfp nowadays but gonna have a play around tomorrow on a couple of houses i can use it on

I think it's important to keep up my skills with all methods just in case my wfp don't work 1 day and for the sake of variety

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing the same today Puting the wfp to the side and having a go on a few house today. Not got the detailing tool On mine see how I get on.

Latest Posts

Back