Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gained £100 And Few More Jobs!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

last Friday I went out and delivered leaflets only did around 30 houses as I was on way to somewhere, I had a call last night and it was from a customer that I dropped a leaflet to, she said "can you give me a quote and if its good enough there are 6 more houses on the same road that would want a quote as well" straight away I said I can come up at 9am Wednesday (today) . So I went to see her and she said my last window cleaner had an accident whilst cleaning windows he slipped on some decking and broke a rib and other damage to himself basically he can't window clean anymore. Straight away I said I hope he's alright but at the same time I thought cha Ching!! I went round quoted all the houses she gave me a list for and it came to £100 all in all she told me she had 2 other window cleaners going to quote too, she also said if I get the go ahead there are 3 more that would like a quote and I will give you the old window cleaners number and see if you can ask him what he's going to be doing with his work . so I was happy with what I quoted and left to go to clean my other work. The work phone rang at 6pm and it was her "we all want you to clean our windows". So I'm going there on Friday to start, it's mad that a leaflet can produce a fair bit of work but as you all know its luck at the end of the day!

What I didn't add on this was when I turned up she said her last cleaner charged £10 every house !!!!!! Lol I had a look round the back of her neighbours and bang a massive conny so straight away that is not a £10 job lol.

clappinggif.gif
Well done!

Nice when you get one person sorting work for you.

we have had a few in the past. But only like 2 or 3 houses.

Nice once mate!!!

Cheers lads , what is the best thing to say to the old windy? I'm going to call him tomorrow, apparently he's been cleaning windows since the 60's

Nice one, right place right time with the leaflet, but they obviously liked you as well. Good luck with the old window cleaner

nice one......

ive posted about 500 leaflets past few weeks when ive been out and about and not has a single phone call, and some of the windows was filthy

you will have to get lay of the land, he might be thinking of finishing soon anyway, if he is getting on.

He has,int grafted for a while he could be more than pleased for you to take some graft of his hands

The customers will be on his back, on the phone. This could be your chance see him in person

best of luck go for it

What does everyone recommend I say to this window cleaner when I ring him?
I would just call & say sorry to bother you I am a window cleaner & just picked up some of your old jobs which they passed your number on to try, I was wondering what your plans are to do with the rest of your work? as you would be very interested!I did the same thing a few weeks ago, got a call from one person who there windy had injured himself & I picked up 19 more jobs since then off that one! most of them every 2 weeks! lol, 4 of which he did, when I spoke to him he had sold it already! godamit! I was ready to offer to do his work until he wanted it back or buy it from him!

If you don't ask you don't get! so call asap mate

Tried to call him a couple of times but no answer so I have txt him but have not had a reply . I'm doing them jobs tomorrow so I will get in talks and see if I can find out where his other work is through his customers, one of the jobs im doing tomorrow the customer is head of a school so I'm going to ask him if They would like me to clean the windows there .

nice one......

ive posted about 500 leaflets past few weeks when ive been out and about and not has a single phone call, and some of the windows was filthy
u postin in eston / nby?

Tried to call him a couple of times but no answer so I have txt him but have not had a reply . I'm doing them jobs tomorrow so I will get in talks and see if I can find out where his other work is through his customers, one of the jobs im doing tomorrow the customer is head of a school so I'm going to ask him if They would like me to clean the windows there .
lol im going to ask my two girls school if they want a window cleaner ,do you need a CRB check first?or is it up to the school to decide?

lol im going to ask my two girls school if they want a window cleaner ,do you need a CRB check first?or is it up to the school to decide?
Up to the school mate but would be good to have the crb looks good !

I started the jobs at 8am and finished at 3!!! These trad cleaners need to clean properly I used 450ltrs on these jobs because they were that bad!! Lol

Back