Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gritstop and end cap coming off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Edward Baskerville

Hi guys don't know if anyone else has had this problem but ive been using the gritstop for while with no problems. Last couple days I decided to change the washer over as it was ready. But now every time I collapse my pole from 2nd story windows I look down and my gritstop and end cap just pops off which is annoying. I've cut the hose just to keep it fresh but that hasn't really helped either. Any suggestions?

Hi guys don't know if anyone else has had this problem but ive been using the gritstop for while with no problems. Last couple days I decided to change the washer over as it was ready. But now every time I collapse my pole from 2nd story windows I look down and my gritstop and end cap just pops off which is annoying. I've cut the hose just to keep it fresh but that hasn't really helped either. Any suggestions?
Bit of a gimmicky toy in my opinion.

The way it's made with the wiper washers is a lazy method of preventive maintenance and regular pole strip downs and cleaning.

I just use a normal rubber end cap with a piece of black closed cell foam in it to act as a wiper removing any debris

thats just my opinion ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Austin something else to cause problems and not needed I would throw it in the bin and just wipe the pole hose when it’s dirty that’s better than any fangled washer . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Edward

It may be that the end cap has stretched slightly with use/removal/age - the quick solution is to slide the end cap back off and wrap the very base of the pole section with a single wrap of insulating tape. Then re-fit the cap and it should now be a tight fit again.

Latest Posts

Back