Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Cleaning Good Money?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To take pics is essential part of the job as not only could be used for your website but the main reason is to see for yourself (Identify problems/issues & gap etc) then show ppl how badly blocked their guttering/downspouts are.
You will also gain more business using a camera especially on shared gutter runs. /emoticons/wink.png
Im going to get the camera this week. I got a call yesterday about pricing a gutter and she wanted pictures to see whats in them she told me shes having problems with damp its an old building and the gutters are fixed to wood facias the surverys ''thinks'' thats whats causing the damp. Ill have to go up and take a few snaps with my phone.

I would have liked to go down there with a video camera on the pole so she could get a live feed.

Got rid off my guttervac, too akward, takes too long, tile and slate overhang make life hard,forever blocking, and it was a powerful one!!! i offer my customers a once a year or twice a year( if they live near trees ) clean out for £30 a go for a bungalow and £45 for anything bigger, if they want pics i tell em i dont do em or ill offer to hold the ladder while they go an have a look /emoticons/biggrin.png funnily enough nobody takes me up on it lol, i pick a day and take my trusty stand off and ladders and bucket and my trusty slave and get cracking on em , good money indeed, some hooses just have one spot blocking the whole row and you have tae f aboot in case your done too quick lol

Got rid off my guttervac' date=' too akward, takes too long, tile and slate overhang make life hard,forever blocking, and it was a powerful one!!! i offer my customers a once a year or twice a year( if they live near trees ) clean out for £30 a go for a bungalow and £45 for anything bigger, if they want pics i tell em i dont do em or ill offer to hold the ladder while they go an have a look /emoticons/biggrin.png funnily enough nobody takes me up on it lol, i pick a day and take my trusty stand off and ladders and bucket and my trusty slave and get cracking on em , good money indeed, some hooses just have one spot blocking the whole row and you have tae f aboot in case your done too quick lol[/quote']Agree with with the first part, better off putting ladder n that up. Gutter vac is handy for tight spaces and high houses though.

Which gutter vacs would you recommend and 3000 watts or more or less? Can you post some links? Do you guys use a gen or plug into customers electric?

they do know and then but don't usually take long to clear its usually a bit of concrete stuck in the nozzle the pipe on mine got badly blocked up on Friday but it was a really bad job would of been better doing it by hand I definitely think its worth getting a good one if your gona advertise it as one of youre services or at least get a cheaper one for the hard to reach gutters but if you do decide to get one try and book your gutter cleans all on one day they take a good 30 mins to clean down properly, if you just do one at a time it would be quicker to just do them by hand. have a look at some of these thers a few different ones to suit each pocket
http://www.polarbrite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72_73

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/home.html

http://omni-guttervac.com/
try these links at the bottom

Which gutter vacs would you recommend and 3000 watts or more or less? Can you post some links? Do you guys use a gen or plug into customers electric?
I got a 3000 watt one for 280 quid. Ive only used it a few times so would like to use it more before recommending it. It does the job though and it pretty powerfull.
http://www.coveva.co.uk/car-valet/3-motor-vacuum-cleaner.html < 280.00

I got my poles from

http://www.guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/pole-sets.html < 225.00

Im getting my camera this week from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261055138207?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I make a load more in Autumn winter as thats when peeps notice the water overflowing or runnin doon there walls etc, its a great add on though but wouldnt have it as my only earner, if there is loads of trees around an area canvass hard there sometimes need doin twice a year , dont do much in the summer really

Looks like I will do a bolt on with my business. A friend of mine has just purchased one, said if any work comes in he will pay me commission... I have over 500 residential customers plus a stack of schools and other commercial work. Will try his system and If I think it's OK will buy one. Could do with one complete with camera. Good selling point to the customer. Can it pay more than £500 a month and is insurance expensive?

youre missing out on good money and not to be funny but for someone who hasn't been going long you must be mad to refuse work
Im not bothered i dont want to add this as a add on, im currently concentrating on building my round up, once its built up , ill then look in to advertising add ons such as conservatorybcleans fasciss n soffits etc,,

Looks like I will do a bolt on with my business. A friend of mine has just purchased one' date=' said if any work comes in he will pay me commission... I have over 500 residential customers plus a stack of schools and other commercial work. Will try his system and If I think it's OK will buy one. Could do with one complete with camera. Good selling point to the customer. Can it pay more than £500 a month and is insurance expensive? [/quote']yer I earn around £700- 800 a month from it and I bet theres others that earn a lot more as for insurance I suppose it depends who your with

yer it is good but it took me a lot of canvassing to get it like that 1000's of leaflets webpage facebook adds etc but like anything its worth it in the end

You should be bothered H as with the right kit you can earn good money instead of turning work away.

By just doing one or two exterior deep cleans a day instead of charging £4-£7 a window clean and having to do loads to earn a weeks wage doesn't make much sense to me. Get into commercial gutter clearing/cladding cleaning etc then can earn big money on most jobs too.

There is so much competition now as any numpty can start a trad window cleaning round for under £300 but not many can offer customers a complete professional service like some do...Go figure

Im not bothered i dont want to add this as a add on' date=' im currently concentrating on building my round up, once its built up , ill then look in to advertising add ons such as conservatorybcleans fasciss n soffits etc,,[/quote']

totally agree with smurf they are good earners and you goto be daft to turn them down I offer quite a few services and I end up picking up window cleaning jobs off them December I got £37 a month in regular windows and this month picked up a £20 monthly and a possible 2 more one £12 and another at £25 (8 weekly)

Can you purchase a set up with a camera already on it, also how many of you have a generator to run your vac, and how many use the customers electric?

you can but its easier to buy camera separate theres only a couple of places that do that ive got a generator for mine but I try to use the customers electric were possible save dragging it out the van if you do get generator makes sure you get one with plenty of power eg a 3000w vac youll want at least a 4.5kva generator

Back