Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Cleaning Good Money?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You should know thats gonna add a lot to your price, a 4.5kva gennie aint cheap and there damn heavy, even if you dont need tae take it outa the van it will cost you in fuel and space, id always use custies leccy if they dont want you too then dump the job, losing the odd custie is far cheaper than buying and running wan of them brutes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clarke-FG4050ES-4-5-kVA-Generator-with-Electric-Start-/190434449649?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Tools_Generators_ET&hash=item2c56c718f1

You may pick up a 2nd hand one like i did a few years ago, mistake on my part as they tend to be on way out and getting sold for that very reason, was more trouble than it was worth!!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Could not agree more Donny /emoticons/wink.png

Only when I get a very large job come in for say like a managment company I simply hire one when needed and add the cost of hire and fuel to the bill /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have regular customers who i do the gutters for once a year ( sometimes twice) always offer this as its easy money once you clean em out properly on first time, most i just turn up check around , remove wee bits of debris and say £30 ta very much

Did one yesterday, clean as a whistle never even needed my bucket lol, but i got there , got on my ladder and looked so i still gonna charge, never get any comebacks, most punters want there property maintained properly imo

Here is a pic i took for her on my i phone , she was happy and i got £30 for 20 minutes checking :D

View attachment 1409

View attachment 953

You cheeky devil charging £30 if they did not need doing. /emoticons/ohmy.png

I would have given you no more than a tenner for checking my gutters /emoticons/biggrin.png

Not all cleaners do gutter clearing, my plan is to stick to windows and once ive got a very good round i can start advertising my conservatory cleaning n fadcia n soffits cleaning i will do 20% of for regular cudtomers

Looks like I will do a bolt on with my business. A friend of mine has just purchased one' date=' said if any work comes in he will pay me commission... I have over 500 residential customers plus a stack of schools and other commercial work. Will try his system and If I think it's OK will buy one. Could do with one complete with camera. Good selling point to the customer. Can it pay more than £500 a month and is insurance expensive? [/quote']Yeah, can make that in a week if you build them up or have a large one to do. It never cost me anything more to add it to my insurance.

Not all cleaners do gutter clearing' date=' my plan is to stick to windows and once ive got a very good round i can start advertising my conservatory cleaning n fadcia n soffits cleaning i will do 20% of for regular cudtomers[/quote']Ill never understand you H. Why not do it now? Why wait till you have a good round? Target everyone not just your current customers you will find that type of work can lead to window cleaning jobs. I always mention to non window cleaning customers about my window cleaning service.

I have regular customers who i do the gutters for once a year ( sometimes twice) always offer this as its easy money once you clean em out properly on first time, most i just turn up check around , remove wee bits of debris and say £30 ta very muchDid one yesterday, clean as a whistle never even needed my bucket lol, but i got there , got on my ladder and looked so i still gonna charge, never get any comebacks, most punters want there property maintained properly imo

Here is a pic i took for her on my i phone , she was happy and i got £30 for 20 minutes checking /emoticons/biggrin.png

attachicon.gif
gutters 001 (Copy).JPG
There dirt in them at the bottom not much but theres some lol

its just green algae haha, its nae gonna block the gutter, oh and if i take my ladders offa my van its £30 even if only takes 5 minutes , they are heavy you know lol

Not all cleaners do gutter clearing' date=' my plan is to stick to windows and once ive got a very good round i can start advertising my conservatory cleaning n fadcia n soffits cleaning i will do 20% of for regular cudtomers[/quote']just fascia & soffits what about clearing the gutters out? does that mean the customer has got to get someone in to unblock the gutters then you come along and wash then down after? if that's the case youll lose work I know if someone said to me can you clean them out only, because my window cleaner is gonna wash the fascia's down after you I would end up taking the full job gutter & fascia clean and probally the window cleaning of them aswell. /emoticons/wink.png

its easy money very easy,i work it out set price of £15 a strip on standard 2 bed houses,and big houses with loads of gutters i charge £2-£3 a meter depending on how bad they are bunged up.

Semi's usually do not flow into just one property downspout so no you go and clean what you have been asked to do on one property. Sometimes ppl talk so you maybe asked to give a quote for shared gutter runs on 2 or more properties but doesn't happen that often.

I say during a quote if they can get next door/s interested I can offer a discount if done at the same time. During the quote it comes in handy to use a guttercam to show customers how bad their shared gutter runs are. Also having pics is a good selling point so you can show the others too. It's not uncommon to get a block of houses at the same time using this discount sales technique.

Never assume all the properties are the same size when you are offering a block booking discount price as you should charge extra for more difficult cleans on properties that have conservatories/extensions, access issues etc that are alot more awkward to do.

Got my first school booked in for the summer with the gutters. I clean the windows throughout the summer, and takes 3 of us 4 days inside and out. The School is huge, learning curve for me with the gutters but gave them a good price and they took it.

Got another school to price up for the gutters to be cleaned next year, as they have had the gutters cleaned already for this year. Happy at the moment... see what type of stress it will bring.. lol

Someone mentioned the gutter vac doesn't work well with over hanging tiles etc, does this happen often?

when the tiles over hang a lot it can be a bit awkward especially if you've got a wide nozzle but you can buy (or if your tight like me) make different types of nozzle to fit it can still be awkward to get under the tile and you sometimes have to get up the ladders and do it by hand but just try and be prepared for different things the last thing you want is to turn up not have the right equipment do half a job and look like a total t I t as someone on here told me, its better to have and not need, than to need and not have

Back