Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I would prefer an adequate ladder is the great tool for gutter cleaning and ladder should be sturdy, preferably, leaning it up against a solid surface.

Nope as was not cleaning the outside of the gutters etc @cheapncheerful

One of the most important question that I forgot to ask is "can you see any grass or weeds growing in the gutters? If so where abouts?" That chap would have replied everywhere as when I got there the half round gutters looked worse than this one front & back and even had a simular conservatory on the back too. Oops!:D

View attachment 2571

View attachment 2572

Now if there is no outside tap and no safe access by ladder also if the gutter vac can't suck the blockage out then that's when you have no option but to use a pressure washer which can draw water from a water butt or van tank using a teloscopic lance from the top or drain jetter hose from an open drain pipe at the bottom. Either option is not without it's risks though as if the bends/joints blow apart you have no way of putting them back together.

I say no other option unless next door has an outside tap you could borrow if possible to try hosing the blockage out either by fitting a garden nozzle and garden hosepipe to a wfp or using a hospipe by ladder whichever is the best solution for the job.

hmmm, some of the gutter downspout joints don't really want to come apart.....and sometimes they don't want to go back together either.....and then of course the one i am thinking of was only on a porch but right in the middle of a vicious climbing rose....not so easy some jobs.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Some plastic joints are glued together and best you don't try taking cast iron gutters apart.

did one had a screw through the downpipe bend it would have ripped my hand off if i hadnt spotted it

all the downpipes were the same

used to just stick the fingers into the blockage and hoke around not anymore as screws are sharp:rolleyes:

Yep and alot of blockages are due to long screws being used so the **** gets caught then it all starts to backup./emoticons/wink.png

I thought gutter vac can do a good job when you ve got a blocked sink / toilet ?! did someone ever use it for that purposes

Yep and alot of blockages are due to long screws being used so the **** gets caught then it all starts to backup./emoticons/wink.png
yep ditto seen loads of them causing the blockage...stupid idea...:mad:....and water butts unfortunately cause similar problems at the joint...

I thought gutter vac can do a good job when you ve got a blocked sink / toilet ?! did someone ever use it for that purposes
dont fancy cleaning out my vac after toilet clean @sdrah ,not after me :turd:

maybe blocked sink would be good job /emoticons/biggrin.png

Very often you find broken bits of tiles, lumps of mortar and wired and wonderful things blocking downspout & bends. As once blocked they act as a great flower pot for sods (turf/grass), weeds, shrubs & even sapling trees to grow.

Sometimes if your lucky a guttervac can remove the blockage. That is if you can get the nozzel over and/or in the downspout opening. Yes you may be able to remove some from the top and even if your lucky the core of matted **** but futher down the bends might still be blocked which is what caused it to get blocked in the first place.

So no a guttervac dosen't remove all blockages & same goes for a blocked sink/toilet I suppose.

dont fancy cleaning out my vac after toilet clean @sdrah ,not after me :turd:maybe blocked sink would be good job /emoticons/biggrin.png
i would do that for 100 quid lol

I used my Jaguar 6.6 carpet cleaning machine to unblock a toilet in a Frankie n Bennys (men toilet) it did the job in few min but jezz ..... I had to run the unit outside for 1 hr to get rid of the smell /emoticons/biggrin.png

You used a carpet cleaning machine to unblock a toilet? Now that's a first for me....:rolleyes:

Mind you the bloke that runs that uk cc forum is a total **** so you puts one of his machines to good use then :laugh:

You used a carpet cleaning machine to unblock a toilet? Now that's a first for me....:rolleyes:
Mind you the bloke that runs that uk cc forum is a total **** so you puts one of his machines to good use then :laugh:
well apart from sucking the toiled that piece of machine is a good one - anyway . By the way I tried to register on that forum and because I didn't have a landline phone - I couldn't get an account ... that's ridiculous

I was looking at buying a carpet cleaning machine a while back so joined that forum. I asked loads of questions as you do but apparently it's not the done thing to speak of or dare to compare other types of machines or question the spec/reliability on there or the site owner/supplier gets his back up.

That’s the only time I have been banned from a site. Oops!/emoticons/biggrin.png

well apart from sucking the toiled that piece of machine is a good one - anyway . By the way I tried to register on that forum and because I didn't have a landline phone - I couldn't get an account ... that's ridiculous

I was looking at buying a carpet cleaning machine a while back so joined that forum. I asked loads of questions as you do but apparently it's not the done thing to speak of or dare to compare other types of machines or question the spec/reliability on there or the site owner/supplier gets his back up.
That’s the only time I have been banned from a site. Oops!/emoticons/biggrin.png
yes I noticed that , after reading few topics on their forum .

I 'll tell you how I ended up buying all the machinery from S Cornwall : ) - few years ago I was looking for info how to get into this business (carpet cleaning) and I bought a training dvd on ebay - a kind of How to Get Started for 15 quid - it was pretty useful I have to admit . After I bought the machinery I realized that all the bits mentioned on that DVD you can only find them (altogether ) in one place world of clean dot co.uk : )

I think thats a very cleaner marketing

Back