Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help!! dryed ubix 2000

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nnn

Hi all, i was just wondering if anyone can help? I did a Upvc clean today using ubix 2000 I rinsed the frames off the patio doors and not thoroughly on the glass, when I can back to clean the glass 30 mins later with my trad tools the glass was a mess and it won’t come off. It looks like rusty water has been running down onto the windows and Looks like it has are into the glass. I didn’t notice that the windows were like this before hand and don’t no of it was me or not. If I have to go back does anyone anyone have any suggestions o how I can remove it if possible, tia

This sounds very unusual, I don’t use ubik I use virosol but they are very similar , Ime assuming it was diluted ?? 10-1 is the general recommendation most use , you could try a scraper and only go in one direction and keep it wet , I dint know what is likely to dissolve it chemical wise but you could try a solvent pvc cleaner like glaziers  use this might remove it . 

This sounds very unusual, I don’t use ubik I use virosol but they are very similar , Ime assuming it was diluted ?? 10-1 is the general recommendation most use , you could try a scraper and only go in one direction and keep it wet , I dint know what is likely to dissolve it chemical wise but you could try a solvent pvc cleaner like glaziers  use this might remove it . 
Thanks for the reply, it was diluted but it was a strong mix as I used it on some gutters, i had some left so gave the Downstiars frames a quick go over. I have used This on several jobs and this hasn’t happened before but i have always rinsed it off quickly. Like I said I’m not sure if they were already like that and I didnt notice as they were dirty ??‍♂️

In my experience these things leave a white milky residue when they dry on the glass, I would be looking for another culprit for what you describe.

Hopefully it is something else that was there already that I didn’t notice, I’ve not heard anything back from the customer so fingers crossed I’m off the hook ??

Back