Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

High Res image for van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddiecommon

Hi all recently got a new van and looking to get some images of glass being cleaned or water on glass so the van is easily identifiable as a window cleaning van.

Does anyone have any high res images they have used on their vans they wouldn’t mind sharing as can’t find anything online that’s a high enough res for the sign writer to use.

(Im south coast based incase anyone is worried about me having the same image as them)

Thanks in advance

Try Shutterstock. Free trial normally. Just read the small print and make sure you can cancel it at the end of the trial.

Or ask whoever’s doing your graphics. They’ll have access to that or similar.

Edit - Just seen that you already have a sign-writer. No disrespect to them but I’d be inclined to find someone else if they can’t source an image for you.

Get someone to take some of you doing WFP and use a high res digital camera - how high do they need to be anyway?
You can always crop yourself out if you don't want to be in them and could also get some concentrating on water spraying from pole onto glass, or taken from the other side of the glass ... and whatever else takes your fancy.
Then they're yours and no issues over copyright, licenses, improper use etc etc. You can do what you like with them.

Get someone to take some of you doing WFP and use a high res digital camera - how high do they need to be anyway?
You can always crop yourself out if you don't want to be in them and could also get some concentrating on water spraying from pole onto glass, or taken from the other side of the glass ... and whatever else takes your fancy.
Then they're yours and no issues over copyright, licenses, improper use etc etc. You can do what you like with them.
Very high if you want them to be scaleable for something like van graphics. In a previous life I had some (non-technical) involvement in photo-shoots. It’s actually really difficult to get what looks like a really simple image for something like this. Probably why they charge so bloody much. ?

Hi all recently got a new van and looking to get some images of glass being cleaned or water on glass so the van is easily identifiable as a window cleaning van.

Does anyone have any high res images they have used on their vans they wouldn’t mind sharing as can’t find anything online that’s a high enough res for the sign writer to use.

(Im south coast based incase anyone is worried about me having the same image as them)

Thanks in advance
Should be easily identifiable with your business name on the bigger the better, I'm with @Truckcab79 find someone else who can do the job, I used a local firm that usually wraps cars and they used higher quality wrapping vinyl its way better than the standard stuff my logo on each side and rear doors and the bonnet it's as big as possible, you can read it from 50 metres away

Should be easily identifiable with your business name on the bigger the better, I'm with @Truckcab79 find someone else who can do the job, I used a local firm that usually wraps cars and they used higher quality wrapping vinyl its way better than the standard stuff my logo on each side and rear doors and the bonnet it's as big as possible, you can read it from 50 metres away
Same here. I designed my own very simple
logo using PowerPoint of all things and did most of the actual layout on there as well. Then turned it over to my local wide-boy wrapper to tweak based on the actual lines of the van, to do in between wrapping lambos and putting those awful chameleon windscreens on Corsas. ?

If it's just text you want to add to your van you can diy it! I just bought a Silhouette Cameo 4 vinyl cutter and a couple of rolls of Polymeric Gloss Vinyl (5 to 7 years outdoors) and you can make signs upto 300mm high and 10m long. It will probably cost you a similar amount to getting someone else to create the text and apply it to your van but you then have the ability to change things or add services - which is what I am doing.
You can also create signs/stickers for anything - if you use Heat Transfer Vinyl you can even apply your designs to clothing.

Definitely shop around for companies to create the graphics and designs you want - there are usually lots of companies that can provide the service - some a lot better than others.

Same here. I designed my own very simple
logo using PowerPoint of all things and did most of the actual layout on there as well. Then turned it over to my local wide-boy wrapper to tweak based on the actual lines of the van, to do in between wrapping lambos and putting those awful chameleon windscreens on Corsas. ?
I was thinking about getting a chameleon windscreen done ? I might just get a dark tint on the windscreen and side windows

Latest Posts

Back