Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many per day.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Truckcab79

Appreciate that there are variables such as size of job and power / lpm of your gear but putting that aside how many jobs can you do a day? Say patio and driveway, all in same road or nearby, not re-sanding the same day if it’s block paving but done ‘properly’ so hypo, FSC, all the detailing etc. .

Appreciate that there are variables such as size of job and power / lpm of your gear but putting that aside how many jobs can you do a day? Say patio and driveway, all in same road or nearby, not re-sanding the same day if it’s block paving but done ‘properly’ so hypo, FSC, all the detailing etc. .
I think you have answered your own question , it’s not really a straight forward answer to many variables

I think you have answered your own question , it’s not really a straight forward answer to many variables

Yep. But given that what do people manage. Most houses have a fairly ordinary sized patio and a driveway that fits one or two cars.

I’ve got two booked side by side. Reckon I’ll comfortably do that in a day. Averagely dirty. I’ve got a third ten doors down. Doing all three probably pushing my luck if I want to finish my day at 4 as I normally aim for.

Just curious what others find.

Yep. But given that what do people manage. Most houses have a fairly ordinary sized patio and a driveway that fits one or two cars.

I’ve got two booked side by side. Reckon I’ll comfortably do that in a day. Averagely dirty. I’ve got a third ten doors down. Doing all three probably pushing my luck if I want to finish my day at 4 as I normally aim for.

Just curious what others find.
We only do pw as an add on and go months between jobs but the ones we tend to do are bigger and generally take half a day to 2 days per job .

We only do pw as an add on and go months between jobs but the ones we tend to do are bigger and generally take half a day to 2 days per job .

Cheers. An add on for me also. Mostly for my existing landscaping clients so a bit of a captive audience. All residential. Large houses in affluent areas but manageable in terms of size. I’ve got probably a couple of clients that I couldn’t do in a regular length day and one that would probable take three. I’d imagine in most cases the limiting factor is geography and therefore set up and breakdown time. By chance as much as anything I work the day job in a very small number of roads in two areas. I’m guessing if PW is your main business the chances of getting multiples in the same location in the same day are slim. Maybe the occasional add-on. Can you do mine while you’re here driveway sort of thing.

I think 80 - 100 sqm of block paving in a day is feasible but I wouldn't automatically expect to get that much done.
BP is far more time consuming than, for example, patio slabs because it's not just the surface to do but all the weeds and moss in the joints and emptying all the accumulated mud in there etc. How much care are you having to take to protect your customer or their neighbours properties? Is water flooding out into the road an issue? And the whole process makes so much more mess that all needs tidying up.
And particularly if you're going back to resand it you need to rinse it all off as thoroughly as possible otherwise all that dirty water is going to drain back into the joints filling them with mud again, So if you don't take the time to do it then you'll have to rake it all out when you go back before being able to resand.
It all takes time and can be deceptively time consuming sometimes.
I did this today from start to finish cos it turned out to be such a warm sunny day I was able to get it all done - and yes, you can clean, resand and seal all the same day in the right conditions and it's not a big job.....and I do alot of this stuff. But there was a time when I would never have attempted to do it all in 1 day and would always go back another day to resand and seal. And that is definitely the rule of thumb and best practice (usually).
R.E. your question - I think pressure washing only you could comfortably do 2 of these in a day and a 3rd isn't unrealistic.

before-and-after(25).jpeg

I think 80 - 100 sqm of block paving in a day is feasible but I wouldn't automatically expect to get that much done.
BP is far more time consuming than, for example, patio slabs because it's not just the surface to do but all the weeds and moss in the joints and emptying all the accumulated mud in there etc. How much care are you having to take to protect your customer or their neighbours properties? Is water flooding out into the road an issue? And the whole process makes so much more mess that all needs tidying up.
And particularly if you're going back to resand it you need to rinse it all off as thoroughly as possible otherwise all that dirty water is going to drain back into the joints filling them with mud again, So if you don't take the time to do it then you'll have to rake it all out when you go back before being able to resand.
I did this today from start to finish cos it turned out to be such a warm sunny day I was able to get it all done - and yes, you can clean, resand and seal all the same day in the right conditions and it's not a big job.....and I do alot of this stuff. But there was a time when I would never have attempted to do it all in 1 day and would always go back another day to resand and seal. And that is definitely the rule of thumb and best practice (usually).
R.E. your question - I think pressure washing only you could comfortably do 2 of these in a day and a 3rd isn't unrealistic.

View attachment 28630
Looks very good nice job done there , had it dried out enough to seal ok in that time and how do you tell when it’s dry enough to seal ?,,

View attachment 28630
Nice job. ?

I have did 3 PW jobs in one day and one of those with hypo. Started travelling around 7am and finished around 4pm. It was a hard day but it paid £700 which was nearly all profit. Even if I could get continuity I wouldn't take it because its hard work but one day a month would be fine. After a hard day I will fit in an easy day which take in a ton for less than 3hrs window cleaning work. That's what I love about this job, flexibility and working half days.

Looks very good nice job done there , had it dried out enough to seal ok in that time and how do you tell when it’s dry enough to seal ?,,
My original plan for the day was just to pressure wash that drive which had been booked in for some time, and then go and finish off a big block paved driveway that's getting on for 200 sqm. I just wanted to get it resanded and sealed, finished and paid but that blew out cos of an impromptu BBQ/party cos of the nice weather.
By the time I was on the bottom half of that drive much of the top part was bone dry. I can't really explain how I could tell but it's just pretty obvious by the look of it and experience of how quickly they can dry in direct sunlight.
As a double check I sprinkle some KDS and look for any hint of moisture which will instantly affect the colour and then sweep it over the blocks to see if any sticks. It doesn't and I know it's dry.
But don't get me wrong, doing the whole thing in 1 day is not routine. This drive was in pretty good condition compared to most, was quick and easy to clean and didn't need vast amounts of water. It was done by lunchtime so that combined with the hot suuny weather meant it came together nicely and I made the most of the opportunity.

And I'm really not trying to give it the big 'un but I must do a few thousand sqm of block paving every year and I'm confident about what I'm doing and what can or can't be done. But I never wing it and take stupid risks and hope for the best. If I thought there was an element of risk I would much rather wait.
After all, if the sealer went bad I couldn't ignore it and walk away. It'd be my responsibility to sort it out in my own time at my own expense.
I'll shut up now but not sure if I answered your question Paul? haha

Latest Posts

Back