Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

i am converted

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Its a great concept, just such a shame they still havent recified it. I threw my applicator pad away in the end, useless. Leaves you with no other option but to make your own out of an old sleeve a la wagga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you made your own??

I am making one from my old porky

But on principle i want them to send me an unbutchered one

Not sure how to do it

Thinking cut to size

Sew edges

Sew on some velcro

??

Have you made your own??I am making one from my old porky

But on principle i want them to send me an unbutchered one

Not sure how to do it

Thinking cut to size

Sew edges

Sew on some velcro

??
Not worth it mate, its rubbish. I reckon a porky would make a good pad. Like boar says, it'll probably get a bit heavy if it was a thick microfibre pad like the moerman. I reckon you could probably make one out of a doubled over microfiber cloth, but my sewing aint too good except for the saddle stitch with leather.

Not worth it mate, its rubbish. I reckon a porky would make a good pad. Like boar says, it'll probably get a bit heavy if it was a thick microfibre pad like the moerman. I reckon you could probably make one out of a doubled over microfiber cloth, but my sewing aint too good except for the saddle stitch with leather.
you might have something there tol , leather, a chamois leather might make a good scrubber strip and lightweight too

I am good with a sewing machine..due to the fact i grew up in a house of 3 blokes so someone had to learn to cook and sew etc:D

the earlier model had a thin yellow fur pad - after a few weeks of daily use this beat down and resembled leather ,worked pretty well till it wore out

yeSSSS , im now thinking that leather or synthetic leather would make a very good alternative View attachment 4703 pad

Is this how my wagtail pad should look?Realised while looking on the net that they all have the dark blue edge sown round the sides also

This looks as though it has been cut at both ends from a bigger one and is now starting to fray at the edges

View attachment 7018 View attachment 7019 View attachment 7020
Is yours a 12 or 14 Davey? If 14 then definitely the incorrect pad. If 12? Maybe not. I'm pretty sure Willie just cut the 14 down to fit the 12. Either way it's not good enough. I hate the Velcro clips. His new clips with the Fin and click connect the pad will be much tidier.

I prefer to have my feet planted firmly on the ground not my face too /emoticons/biggrin.png

I prefer being face to the glass also as i think it's the best wayWas just playing around with my wag

I mainly use it for access issues above connys etc

Back