Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ionic Glyder Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

spmonkay

Hi, anyone use the above mentioned pole or know if it's any good! I'm looking for a carbon fibre pole as I only have aluminium one. What do you reckon on £125 for a 30 ft? Or would I be better off saving my pennies and getting a gardiner?

I've heard lots of people on here and had a chat in person with another window cleaner about the quality of Ionics stuff and the general view is that its just not good enough!

Gardiner on the other hand is the complete opposite and I can confirm hat personally!

Too heavy and too bendy for what it is, built like a tank though. Probably some way short of 30' if you were to measure it.

I would buy a Gardiners SL-X, that will be a lot more than a second hand pole, but worth it in the long run.

If its definitely the carbon fibre pole, And depending on the condition, I think 125 is a good price i see other used poles gardiners/brodex selling for nearly the same as a new pole... or you could offer £100 and try get it bit cheaper.

Do you use this pole everyday? A spanking new slx would be good to have if you have the £

Thanks for advice. I think I will save my pennies and get an slx. Would 35 suffice or would I be better off going for the 40. You can also select a brush to go with it and a choice of wether or not to get a flow control!! Any advice on this? Is the aforementioned flow control basically a trigger?

The bigger the pole the higher the windows you can clean. You can always remove sections when not needed and get a base cap for the end. The flow controllers are great little taps, I hold mine just at my hand on the pole and is easy enough for turning on and off between windows. I'm now using a tecbuk brush and very pleased with it

Thanks for advice. I think I will save my pennies and get an slx. Would 35 suffice or would I be better off going for the 40. You can also select a brush to go with it and a choice of wether or not to get a flow control!! Any advice on this? Is the aforementioned flow control basically a trigger?
The flow control on my system is basically a valve on the pole hose that you can turn 90 degrees to turn off and for the sake of a tenner it's a must have option for me

Back