Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IBC Tank Setup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

John51

Hi everyone new to the forum. Im starting to setup a pure water system but have got a bit stuck on whether to put the waste from the ibc tank to the sewer or to the soakaway? Surely its to much water for a soakaway? As I'm on a water meter I was going to tell the waterboard to get the sewerage discount, but if I understand right if i put it down the drain I'll only be able to claim on the pure water I put on the windows. I use about 500lt a day. Any advice please, ta

Hi everyone new to the forum. Im starting to setup a pure water system but have got a bit stuck on whether to put the waste from the ibc tank to the sewer or to the soakaway? Surely its to much water for a soakaway? As I'm on a water meter I was going to tell the waterboard to get the sewerage discount, but if I understand right if i put it down the drain I'll only be able to claim on the pure water I put on the windows. I use about 500lt a day. Any advice please, ta
I think it has to be a pretty big soak away to deal with 500 to 1500 litres (depending on your pure to waste water ratio) of waste water a day. When I tried to put my waste water onto the garden using my 450GPD r/o, it did soak away but came up in our next door neighbour's garden.

Our local Council has taken to having soak aways as part of planning where possible. We have often been asked to clear underground P traps because they are overflowing, only to find that it's because the soak away is full.

My waste water goes straight down the drain adjacent to my garage, I have tried using the waste-water to water the garden but only one area gets saturated, this year I might set up a water butt for the waste water so I can water the veg beds in our garden

Thank you for the replys. I think I will try the soakaway with a temporary hose and see how it goes, its the downpipe for mine and the neighbours roof out the front of the house. If theres any problems ill have to put it down the sewer but its a pain in the **** to get to.

Thank you for the replys. I think I will try the soakaway with a temporary hose and see how it goes, its the downpipe for mine and the neighbours roof out the front of the house. If theres any problems ill have to put it down the sewer but its a pain in the **** to get to.
Can you not set it up at the side or rear of your house away from prying eyes

Can you not set it up at the side or rear of your house away from prying eye
I have a big drive but i have no rear access unfortunatly so have to do it out the front. Ive got the filters housed in a large storage box and i was going to box the tank in composite decking to make it look ok

I have a big drive but i have no rear access unfortunatly so have to do it out the front. Ive got the filters housed in a large storage box and i was going to box the tank in composite decking to make it look ok
It should look a decent storage unit then, I'd be inclined to insulate it with Kingspan or similar although I'm pretty sure Kingspan has more than doubled in price

I don't see why we have to pay a sewage charge. Were not adding anything to the water that wasn't there in the first place when it reaches our property. Were just separating the **** they don't filter out of the water.

Back