Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IBC transfer pump recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have searched because I’m pretty sure I posted about this years ago but couldn’t find anything.

My 2000 litre tank needs to go, there’s no room for it at the new premises. It’s going to be replaced with 2 IBC tanks. I don’t want to butcher the new tanks to fit a submersible pump but want to be able to fill 3 vans quickly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I butchered my ibc cut a small section out and placed in then shaped the cut off and glued it back over it. Not ideal but still as it was 5 years ago. Pump is a titan subversive from screwfix fills up 500 litre tank in minutes using inch and half tubing.

I butchered my ibc cut a small section out and placed in then shaped the cut off and glued it back over it. Not ideal but still as it was 5 years ago. Pump is a titan subversive from screwfix fills up 500 litre tank in minutes using inch and half tubing.
That was pretty much my old IBC setup. It’s going to live in custom built storage just outside so I was trying to avoid butchering it for that reason. Also I’m buying black to avoid algae build up, it seems silly to then created an opening ?

Don't know how much a blank tank is costing you but if its loads more you van get a cover made to go over for around £10thats what I did

I think I’ve sussed it. They sell these to go with.
I imagine it’s a drop a hose in job. I think I prefer that to having it connected to the tank outlet.
My thinking is it will draw from the tap outlet no bother as it will self-prime anyway if you connect it to the tap and open up the tap the the pump will be flooded with water that will prime in a split second after being switched on, I'd have thought no different than a dropping a hose in a tank in that the pump needs to self-prime.

Don't know how much a blank tank is costing you but if its loads more you van get a cover made to go over for around £10thats what I did

@P4dstar will have it stored in his unit so no risk of frost I'd hope
Oddly enough it's going to live outside the unit. The unit is really just an office and parking. A cover wouldn't be any good though, it's going to live in some custom housing, essentially a cupboard. It's going to be insulated etc. It'll probably need a tube heater in there too I imagine. We're currently banging up a false wall in the office to stop the storage making it look like a warehouse.

Oddly enough it's going to live outside the unit. The unit is really just an office and parking. A cover wouldn't be any good though, it's going to live in some custom housing, essentially a cupboard. It's going to be insulated etc. It'll probably need a tube heater in there too I imagine. We're currently banging up a false wall in the office to stop the storage making it look like a warehouse.
Once you close the tap and you should be able to drain almost every drop of water from the hose anyway I have some 25ltr containers that I drain my transfer hose into I fill x2 containers a week should mount up a bit with 3 vans I just pour mine back into my storage tank as it has 45cm opening for the lid.

Insulating with Kingspan or similar plus a tube heater should keep the inside at a nice ambient temperature.

Once you close the tap and you should be able to drain almost every drop of water from the hose anyway I have some 25ltr containers that I drain my transfer hose into I fill x2 containers a week should mount up a bit with 3 vans I just pour mine back into my storage tank as it has 45cm opening for the lid.

Insulating with Kingspan or similar plus a tube heater should keep the inside at a nice ambient temperature.
One wall will be against the building too so it should work. As a fail safe there is a spotless site a few miles away so we'll never actually be out of work.

Back