Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Checkatrade

WCF

Help Support WCF:

KieMan

signed up for Checkatrade yesterday just for Gutter Cleaning - didn't want window cleaning as imo there is not enough value in travelling large areas for small jobs (£15-£30) but as regards to gutter cleaning my prices start at £50. Know a few don't think advertising work but I can't see any other way of pulling gutter cleaning jobs in. I have a gutter vac etc and just not getting enough work through my regular window cleaning customers - Checkatrade have offered me a money back guarantee on first year investment (£703) for membership so hopefully fairly risk free. I like that fact that with it you become Surrey Trading Standards approved (area I work in) will keep you posted if it works for me and if I get many jobs from it....just wanted to know if anyone else uses Checkatrade just for Gutter Cleaning and how well they do off it.

signed up for Checkatrade yesterday just for Gutter Cleaning - didn't want window cleaning as imo there is not enough value in travelling large areas for small jobs (£15-£30) but as regards to gutter cleaning my prices start at £50. Know a few don't think advertising work but I can't see any other way of pulling gutter cleaning jobs in. I have a gutter vac etc and just not getting enough work through my regular window cleaning customers - Checkatrade have offered me a money back guarantee on first year investment (£703) for membership so hopefully fairly risk free. I like that fact that with it you become Surrey Trading Standards approved (area I work in) will keep you posted if it works for me and if I get many jobs from it....just wanted to know if anyone else uses Checkatrade just for Gutter Cleaning and how well they do off it.
I've been on it for 6 months haven't had many jobs from it I think you have to have the logo on your flyers and get posting that's the best way it works for me

700 notes would buy you a lot of advertising, I hope its worth it for you.
I think it works if you put the time in doing flyers with the logo on you can't just leave it to them

I've been on it for 6 months haven't had many jobs from it I think you have to have the logo on your flyers and get posting that's the best way it works for me
hows checkatrade treating you? spudly

I was on checkatrade for about two years I think I was one of the first in my area. I found for window cleaning word of mouth is better. When quoting for work giving a custy a 3or 4 report is a bit excessive.

For general maintenance and other work it stemmed to work.

I had one bad review because the custy didn't understand the feedback form

On the whole I think it's good for builders but for windys I'll stick to word of mouth and door knocking £700 is a lot of money

Back