Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm guybrush and i wanna be a mighty window cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My hose reel doesn't have wheels on so I guess i'll be pulling the hose from the rear of my van when I get a van mounted system. At the moment I've got a combo, not sure what weight it can hold but it's only just big enough for what work I've gathered in 3 months. So a new van is the only option, only question remains is do I get a leased van and if so can I sign write it. Or do I just buy one and as for what van to go for next i haven't a clue either.
When I was in the trade most leasing companies did allow a van to be sign written with vinyl stickers (not painted) but you would need to ensure they are removed at the end of the contract and any paint issues rectified. Hence you would always be better off getting your van de-stickered professionally if you are unsure how to remove them correctly. I would always ask the question when asking for a quote.

The only leasing company that I'm aware of that doesn't allow it is Northgate as they have the vans stickered up with their own logos. They have good deals on the models they will only have in their fleet, but you are driving around in a van that looks like a daily rental.

TBH none of our 3 vans have decals and we have never been short of inquiries and have a full book. It's impossible to know what the result would have been had we sign written the vans to begin with though.

Leasing or buying? Its 6 of 1 and 1/2 a dozen of the other. The same van will depreciate over a period of time no matter how its financed. Leasing does make it easier (if you are credit worthy) and cheaper to get a new van, but its also an easy way to get you on the buy new treadmill by the manufacturers. Leasing allows you to finance/lease the depreciation and admin element of the van purchase. Outright purchase means you are buying the van which will immediately become a depreciating asset before you even take delivery of it.

There are also different leasing options out there - contract hire, finance lease and lease purchase for example that have different profiles. You need to become well acquainted with each and how they are treated tax wise.

AJ leased van gd point is, new van no bills to pay yes you can sign write it,sounds gd down side limited milage any bumps and scrapes you have to foot the bill, ive got vito with 1000l tank fitted two reels works great loads of room plus three guys if need be

Thanks for the welcome Smurf. I sold my old transit which I wanted to do anyway and bought this van regardless if window cleaning or not so i'm not as ''all in'' as I may have sounded.

So what I'm getting at yes you can buy the best you can afford but you also need the drive and determination to make it work as most will fail within the first year.
That is the most important part I know. You can have a brand new van 5k set up in the back but if you don't have what's mentioned above then it's not gonna last. Wonder why that lad quit and would be interesting to know what work he done before, i'm hoping he was an office boy.

Aj- Liked your post and good tips about buying rounds, I am sure they can be very lucrative but in my position I agree with what you said. TDS tip is a good selling point and I will see how that goes as I will not be dropping any leaflets only door bashing.

I am based Whitton in between Hounslow and Twickenham. But was looking at targeting the Camberley/Guildford/Farnborough areas in Hampshire/Surrey (wonder if I just stood on any toes)

The SLX-25 is out of stock so may go for the 22. Is it worth waiting for as it is delaying me and I just want to crack on. Have read threads on here about this so I know the 22 won't cover everything but if it does the vast majority then i'm happy with that.

Wouldn't want to be out there today, it's howlin! seen a few trees down too.

I would email Alex and ask him when he expects replacement stocks

[email protected]

You could buy an SLX 22 and add an ext no6 base which will extend the length of your SLX to that of an SLX25. But its £62 extra. The problem is that the SLX22 and the SLX25 are the same pole but the extension's length are each slightly more on the SLX25. So the extra extension will make the base section 37mm rather than 34mm on the standard pole.

Latest Posts

Back