Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leisure battery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor peacock

Sorry I know it’s been covered many times before.  
I haven’t got a relay so charge my battery once a week out of the van. It’s just started to lose power after four years, so can anyone recommend a battery?

also is there much difference between 85ah and 120 ah?

If you type leisure batteries in the search bar. You will find everything you need to know. It’s a good subject to get your head around, the different discussions,  In winter I do have a scr but I still charge mine every night, others don’t. 
Numax is a good recommendation. Mine Yusa is 120ah. It’s been a very good battery if I dare say that?

Hi Trevor, this one is right up my street. The difference between 85ah and 120ah is as simple as it sounds, even for me, a person for whom figures largely jump around in my head and escape through the left ear leaving me totally dizzy and none the wiser.
The 120 Ah will have nearly half as much reserve again as the 85ah. The only battery I would entertain and the only one's I use are the Numax mv35 120 Ah. A beast of a battery and no mistake.

If you go this route I would try and source it from a battery or caravan supplier you can actually visit in case of problems, though  the event is highly unlikely. Look for that exact battery MV35 120AH not one that is similar. The exact detail is hugely important. I would also suggest that you source a Noco professional grade battery box to suit. Make sure to check the box is big enough.

Edit thanks to Scottish for spotting my mistake. The number above is incorrect. The correct battery is Numax XV35MF 120 AH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like you @trevor peacockI have no relay but charge each night. luckily I have a garage with electric point so it’s very convenient and  takes maybe 10 secs to connect the battery attachment that’s permanently fitted to the 115ah leisure battery.  I use a 8ah intelligent charger that does a great job. I only power the single pump and controller so it is a total overkill but purchased it with the mind that I would get an electric reel but i maned up and use my arms because I’m a ard! ? 

Like you @trevor peacockI have no relay but charge each night. luckily I have a garage with electric point so it’s very convenient and  takes maybe 10 secs to connect the battery attachment that’s permanently fitted to the 115ah leisure battery.  I use a 8ah intelligent charger that does a great job. I only power the single pump and controller so it is a total overkill but purchased it with the mind that I would get an electric reel but i maned up and use my arms because I’m a ard! ? 
I don't think you can have too much battery reserve. I have two Numax XV35MF 120 AH paired in parallel for two wfp pumps. We use manual reels. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I know it’s been covered many times before.  
I haven’t got a relay so charge my battery once a week out of the van. It’s just started to lose power after four years, so can anyone recommend a battery?

also is there much difference between 85ah and 120 ah?
You charge once a week? OMG that battery will be fooked in no time.

You need to carefully monitor your battery charge status and health 

Latest Posts

Back