Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

liquidator 2.0 trouble (fliq)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I had this problem too , you have to bend the blue clips back away from the rubber so that the rubber is straight and not bent at the clips.  I thought it was a soap issue but now I can fan a window using gg4 and it doesn't leave a trace. Granted you shouldn't have to modify something u buy for it to work but that will 100% fix your problem.  Also use razr red 
i would have to disagree with this for the reason that if you do bend the clips back the rubber will then lift up over flat seals on the window as the clips are no longer pressing the rubber down. As i show in my video i had zero modifications and it worked a treat in hand and on a pole. You just need good slip and plenty practice. it's a different tool to most and therefore will take time to adjust to it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It worked for me.  You don't have to bend them back that much but enough to stop the rubber bending as much. And I tried everything that you all advised.  Gg4 hasn't got the best glide yet I squeegee it off the windows with ease. ?

Just be more careful when blading thin seals.  

thats in 40° right? which means you have to hold the squeegee handle really close to the glass. If you prefer that distance your doing there pop the squeegee in 25°

yes that's 40, but I have been trying all the angles and its till doing the same thing, unless I push really hard but it just doesn't seem right pushing so hard

yes that's 40, but I have been trying all the angles and its till doing the same thing, unless I push really hard but it just doesn't seem right pushing so hard
no you shouldn't need to push hard at all. using a hard rubber you will need to push a little harder than using soft but it shouldn't be doing that. Maybe the channels been damaged in transit??

Hi trad man , I've been watching some of  your videos, there are brilliant, next time record a profile of you meoman channel with no mods, it might help others so see if there channel is in sync with yours because you make it look easy . 

Ive bought three , two where rubbish( without been dipped in hot water )  straight out the box . The other one works perfectly out the box . Thanks in advance. 

Going from an unger ninja to liquidator was so hard for me. Countless times of putting the liquidator away in a box. But then I got It back out and I'd never leave home without it.

Here are some tips I used to fix my problems.

1. Changed the rubber. Moerman soft ain't for me. Went to moerman hard/Ettore 

2. Changed to fairy platinum 

3. Unger endclips 

4. Changed to a smaller channel - 14inch to 10inch. Perfected my technique before moving up channels. 

@Trad-Man - These are solutions you helped me with. That would mostlikely help fix his problems.

This liquidators like a new bread of squeegee!

love it, after having to bend the end clips. I can now squeegee as normal and then some.

when I get the hang of it properly it's gonna be a big improvement on the wagtail 12".

im slower with it so far but it's still quicker overall!

love new toys!

cheers to the guys who told me about the dodgy end clips and mwwindowcleaning, looks like moerman have some quality issues!

although I'm sure they're well aware.

This liquidators like a new bread of squeegee!

love it, after having to bend the end clips. I can now squeegee as normal and then some.

when I get the hang of it properly it's gonna be a big improvement on the wagtail 12".

im slower with it so far but it's still quicker overall!

love new toys!

cheers to the guys who told me about the dodgy end clips and mwwindowcleaning, looks like moerman have some quality issues!

although I'm sure they're well aware.
Nothing wrong with the end clips you just need to learn how to use it

No quality issues there

I have been using them for a good few months before their release and i can use them fine straight out the box

This is a 10" straight out the packaging and it works perfect 

Excuse the dodgy belt as i don't usually use a belt or pouches 

Microfiber sill cloth over my shoulder and squeegee with fliq pad in my hand as i wfp all tops and then just grab it out the van

By God I've tried everything with these liquidators changed my technique used every rubber under the sun modified them changed handles different types of washing up liquids different amounts of washing washing up liquids adding things to my buckets then you think you have cracked then you come home happy with it then my my wife says could you clean my living room window ,I do it no line's wake up in the morning beautiful Sun shining in the living room window and it looks like Glasgow central station you cannot always see these lines till your away it's only when I did my own house did I get to find out how bad the streaks were I've changed over to the unger s plus and waggas latest dog earing and I feel like a reborn again window cleaner

This is what I'm getting with it.

as you can see the middle of the channel is letting soap through.

View attachment 11560
Too steep. Drop the angle back to 25°. This tool is very unforgiving. Too steep, rubber to glass and you’ll get this result. Too shallow and the ends will have excessive drag. Start shallow with a couple of straight passes, then increase the angle slightly and repeat. The sweet spot is when you have almost zero drag, good slip, and a clean cut. Unless you’re adding GG Glide to your GG4 you’ll struggle getting good slip. I personally use ECover and IPA. 3 litres of GG4 has been gathering dust in my shed ever since I bought my first Wagtail nearly 5 years ago. :)

Have recently got a 14" liquidator and I'm experiencing trouble when fanning.

its leaving wet blade marks across the glass when fanning, I'm also finding that unless I push pretty firmly I get water marks from around the centre of the channel when straight pulling, I was wandering if the blade isn't straight so I changed the pre-fitted merman rubber for some pullex hard rubber and I'm still having the same problem.

I tried taking the fliq pad off and its no better. it seems ok when pushing hard on straight pulls but when fanning its no good at all.

I have been using wagtail for years and have only been using this new one a few times, what am I doing wrong???

Was watching the trad-man videos last night and practising on my own windows but still not getting it, been trading for years and not had these problems.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
Your not doing anything wrong, fliq is ok for pole work, too heavy as a hand tool I.M.O,, go for combinator as a hand tool.

If using combinator, remember you can use a well dog eared Unger channel instead of the liquidator, it works fine, and probably more what your used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Wouldn't say any one tool covers every job, buy what you like, be ready to mix and match, so long as your happy with the end result.

1. yes, was practising this way on my windows for an hour.

2. have tried the merman soft rubber it came with-no likey!   had some pulex hard rubber delivered(my preference) and no better.

3. Haven't yet tried on the pole or needed to, I'm still trying to learn by hand.

4. rubber is brand new.

do you think the blue end clips are "banana" shaping the blade?    (as someone else mentioned) I feel there is some merit to this theory as when I push harder the streaks go away when pulling straight, almost as though when I push harder I'm "straightening out" the rubber?

I am time served "trads" man and can fly around windows with my wagtail right handed-left handed-blindfolded I just cant work this one out!!

I would like to be able to blame the tool, haha.

admittedly I haven't spent long with it.
Methinks it,s the actual channel that is causing problem perhaps?????

I would like to say that I have every confidence in liquidator, but I now double check my work, never need to with Unger S, whenI need to buy some time, I use all the Moerman tools, but at some stage during the day will use Unger monsoon and channel, first time every time, the way it should be. I have no idea why liquidator is inconsistent, but it simply is. ???

Back