Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Living abroad and having a round in England

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Craig

I'm thinking of going to Spain and setting up a round and having a lad work it for me.Does anyone do this? And if so,how is it going? Obviously it all depends on the staff which I will make sure is all in place and he was good and trustworthy before I did this

I haven’t done it but know people that have , the key to success is having trustworthy staff that will get on with the job in your absence and work like you would , it’s difficult to find ones like that and also would have to pay them very well the question is is it worth th  it ??? All the stress worrying about it all the time . 

I was thinking I would still run things via the internet and telephone ect,chasing up payments and sending over the daily workload via email ect,they would just be working for me but i'll be abroad.I wouldn't just leave them to it and expect to just sit back and have my money paid in weekly

I know couple of people who live in Spain at the same time window clean in the UK. They come back and work around 8/10 days and that pays for their living etc.. in Spain.

I'm liking this idea! I have owned a house in France for 15 years and always dreamed of living there. The whole Brexit debacle has made it a now or never decision. Maybe this is the way to do it?

I work full time for the fire service and often thought about coming back to the UK do my shifts but it just wasn't logistically feasible due to the shift rotas, however you can arrange your cleaning round however you like.. and you can earn more. Come back here for a week and spend the rest of the time abroad, sounds good!

You'd be wise to do it this year before the transition period ends in December as you will maintain existing EU rights, after this it will be a lot more difficult I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to you Paul,I'm half thinking about buying a luxury static caravan on a nice site right by the sea,spending two weeks here and two week's in spain,have someone working for me on the round and maybe getting another small round together in Spain for me to do while I'm there

Sounds great go for it! I'd like to have a little round in France ideally but apparently window cleaning is not a thing there?! There's demands for gite cleaning and maintenance though so I'd do that instead

This made me laugh, it's something I was thinking, but not employing somebody, more doing say 3 weeks and then taking 2 or 3 weeks off to wherever, somewhere where it's cheaper to live.  Really is a lifestyle business, ha ha.  

Sounds great go for it! I'd like to have a little round in France ideally but apparently window cleaning is not a thing there?! There's demands for gite cleaning and maintenance though so I'd do that instead
 Quality mate as long as you are earning a few quid hey

This made me laugh, it's something I was thinking, but not employing somebody, more doing say 3 weeks and then taking 2 or 3 weeks off to wherever, somewhere where it's cheaper to live.  Really is a lifestyle business, ha ha.  
That's the beauty of this business mate,you can work it around you and as long as there are Windows people will want them cleaned,good luck 

Quality mate as long as you are earning a few quid hey

That's the beauty of this business mate,you can work it around you and as long as there are Windows people will want them cleaned,good luck 

Yeah I know, it's like a dream business, I just worry I'm going to wake up and all this was a dream and I'll have to start working hard in a **** job again  : )  

your a bunch of dreamers.........so basically you want someone else to do the work while your out of the country most of the time?....good luck with that!most window cleaners find it hard to find the right staff while working the round as well never mind trying to run it from another country!

your a bunch of dreamers.........so basically you want someone else to do the work while your out of the country most of the time?....good luck with that!most window cleaners find it hard to find the right staff while working the round as well never mind trying to run it from another country!

I'm talking one van,one lad.You train him up,pay him a good wage,make sure he knows what he is doing,work alongside him for a few months,when he is ready there is no reason why it won't work.If he don't pull his weight there are plenty of others out there that will want a job

Yeh its possible, but as said its hard enough when you are here to oversee things, can you imagine trying to run it from abroad. It would hardly be relaxing.

You would be better selling up and buggering off for a simpler life, maybe wait tables a few evenings a week.

The only way it would be feasible is to franchise it so the lads you have working actually have a vested interest rather than just an employee that will sack it off as soon as he finds a better job.

There's a guy local to me that does just this. Last time I spoke to his employee, the boss was travelling Asia and had no intention on coming home yet. Apparently been out there a few years.

I have a similar plan ? Plan to work perhaps 2 weeks each 3 months, then have a guy working for me and be in Asia rest of the time. 

Sold off a WC company before to travel. Then later worked for a WC company with admin remote, the managers/owners was a _total_ catastrophe, 10 x stressfull then to run my own company.

I think it can be done, but you need the right guy.. Ive played around with the idea of franchise before. I guess that could also work, they will be motivated in a completely different way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm personally planning on doing two weeks here and two week's in spain so I'll be around for half the month anyway.

Wezza, I bet he is having a great time ?

Where in Asia you thinking of Norvik?

Latest Posts

Back