Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lovely job today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How are the gutters still fastened on with that weight in them. I can just imagine the conversation with the 2 homeowners, do you think we should get the gutters cleared :D
They are the concrete ones with the channel cut in them Rich.
Part of the wall and roof.

Attachments

• IMG_1423.jpeg
    IMG_1423.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 19
Sore back after these 2 houses lol
That's impressive on 2 counts.
1st - what a massive roof garden
2nd - that gutter vac did well - what one is it? I have seen GVS make a claw attachment - do you think that would have helped or was it easier to pull it all out in one go?

2nd - that gutter vac did well - what one is it? I have seen GVS make a claw attachment - do you think that would have helped or was it easier to pull it all out in one go?
That was my titan vac from screwfix as it was already in the van from yesterday.
Exactly the same as a panther
1700w and stuck a 51mm side inlet on it
The 3000w one I would have needed to go home for
Good enough for most jobs with the cyclone inlet

Never seen concrete gutters so that's a first for me and it looks like a silicon neck, that must have been bent shut when lifting it up
You don't have much option when they're that bad, once the initial bit comes out gravity helps the rest as you only really need to pull rather than lift it out.

Never seen concrete gutters so that's a first for me and it looks like a silicon neck, that must have been bent shut when lifting it up

You don't have much option when they're that bad, once the initial bit comes out gravity helps the rest as you only really need to pull rather than lift it out.
Quite common in one part of town here
Used to be called finlock gutters
To be fair the silicon neck was stiff enough
Cause damp problems apparently

Attachments

• IMG_1424.jpeg
    IMG_1424.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 26
We recently did a couple of awkward jobs on a couple of shops in the Main Street in a local town the gutters were the aluminium type with the reinforcement bars every 16 inches and the weeds had grown through it all was a bit of a pain but got it all out in the end ??

Attachments

• IMG_2494.jpeg
    IMG_2494.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2491.jpeg
    IMG_2491.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2487.jpeg
    IMG_2487.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2486.jpeg
    IMG_2486.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 23
That was my titan vac from screwfix as it was already in the van from yesterday.
Exactly the same as a panther
1700w and stuck a 51mm side inlet on it
The 3000w one I would have needed to go home for
Good enough for most jobs with the cyclone inlet
I'm impressed that you accomplished that with a 1700 watt vac.
I am thinking of getting the Panther towards the end of the month over a used 3000watt vac. I came to the conclusion that a big vac would have to be put in the van as the drum and trolley separately so would made doing other work the same day a pain. I was worried the panther would be quite a compromise on what it could do but after seeing that massive gutter clear I am happy that it will do most domestic things. Cheers.

Our 1500 watt motor would never have pulled that out. That would have been a ladder job from the get go.

The cyclone kit really does make a difference
On YouTube Julia from GVS shows how to fit it and then shows the difference in suction with some piece of equipment and it is about 3 times more suction

Our 1500 watt motor would never have pulled that out. That would have been a ladder job from the get go.
There is a knack to it also
It’s not just the power of the vac on this job
Coming at it hard from one side allows you to get enough in the end of the nozzle to help lift the end out then keep doing the same to the next bit making sure you ram the nozzle under the next bit of it each time and lifting that bit over the edge
Eventually you have a nice long strip hanging out

The cyclone kit really does make a difference
On YouTube Julia from GVS shows how to fit it and then shows the difference in suction with some piece of equipment and it is about 3 times more suction

When I spoke to Mark about it, he told me that a clone kit for my smaller vacuum probably wouldn't make much difference, so I never bothered.

Surprised they hadn't had water coming into the house, quite a few council houses on different estates not too far from me had them installed possibly back in the 50's or 70's when loads of council houses were getting built some had them removed that had ongoing issues with damp

I converted a front entry Kiam to a side entry and it really is a totally different machine
Thanks. Mine uses the flexible hose with a 37mm inside diameter.
This is why I fill the gutter with water first (if the contents are damp) as my machine works better sucking out slush. I find the damp grit sticks to the insides of the pipes and makes the carbon poles very heavy and reduces suction.

Thanks. Mine uses the flexible hose with a 37mm inside diameter.
This is why I fill the gutter with water first (if the contents are damp) as my machine works better sucking out slush. I find the damp grit sticks to the insides of the pipes and makes the carbon poles very heavy and reduces suction.
We have full days gutter vaccing and regularly have to fill a couple of buckets of water to suck through to clean the poles and pipes

There is a knack to it also
It’s not just the power of the vac on this job
Coming at it hard from one side allows you to get enough in the end of the nozzle to help lift the end out then keep doing the same to the next bit making sure you ram the nozzle under the next bit of it each time and lifting that bit over the edge
Eventually you have a nice long strip hanging out
Did you need a ladder at all for that job? I have a similar one asking me for a quote.

Latest Posts

Back