Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lowest Paid Window Cleaner In Uk

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I would have told them to get stuffed when first asked myself. Simples....

Ah yes that's a right good move especially seeing they are pushing work my way when I finish with double glazing repairs, I have learned never too shite in the nest when leaving it .....simples

Oh I get it now,...but if they expected you to clean windows for £7 odd an hour using your own kit then I can't see it myself you getting much profitable work from them as a subcontractor. Unless you are intending for each lead they provide you give your old manger (a backhander) commission or whatever you would like to call it. Likewise he does the same when you give him leads for new windows etc which in that case could work quite.

My work has asked me for my public liabillity insurance details I'm to name my hourly rate which will be £20 they will call me with repair jobs I will do them they will pay me by Bacs.

This will of course have to be done round my window cleaning but it gives me a fall back on wet days /emoticons/smile.png

your public liability will only cover you for window cleaning, will it not? Personally, I think you should focus on the window cleaning, and cut ties like that with your previous employer.

Dont get me wrong people need two jobs like i did back in 2008 just when the bust was getting realy big and companies failing all over.

what you got to think about that your customers dont want a windy thats there one week gone the other they want a person who is there all the time

your public liability will only cover you for window cleaning, will it not? Personally, I think you should focus on the window cleaning, and cut ties like that with your previous employer.

I stated with simply business that I would be doing window repairs also it cost pennies more for my insurance, yes hopefully I will be able to ditch the repairs but it's great money especially as I'm starting window cleaning mid winter I think it would be remiss of me to totally give up repairs at this early stage of my business, I will work the repairs round my window cleaning

yeah I think you have the right idea. I was more thinking, of when you are getting busy. The last thing you want is to do less canvass, leaflet design, door knocking, or even put window cleaning off, because your ex boss is keeping you busy with repairs. When I first started I was working in woolworths, 30 hours a week, filling shelves early mornings mostly. Then I started window cleaning in the afternoon. I did that until it went bust in 2007. Then focused on my window cleaning business.

But I do remember my boss trying to get me to focus my attentions back to Woolworths, mainly putting me in a position where I had to work on, when I should have been out window cleaning. I am sure they meant well, but it turned out the window cleaning, was the best move I made.

And me doo as I've got a few blown sealed units in my conservatory I would like to try fix myself for starters. Many thanks /emoticons/wink.png

Back