Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Made me laugh

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gary63

Was nosing around and found this info from a trad window cleaners web site. I was trad for years and never felt the need to slag of wfp and when I finally changed it was the best thing I have ever done. Like most I use both but mostly wfp. Here is what he wrote on his site.

Traditional Window Cleaning:

This is the original and best way to clean U.P.V.C frames sill's and windows. Traditional window cleaning gets one “up close” to the windows where small marks, adhesive and bird droppings on glass, frames and sills can be seen and removed.

• 100% Health and Safety compliant, ladders have never been banned for window cleaning. Although some cleaners/companies want you to believe.

• Using traditional methods the glass is left dry, with no water marks or spotting after a clean has taken place.

• Builders muck and paint etc can be removed from glass and U.P.V.C.

• Your home is your most valuable asset it pays to protect it and keep it's value, and looking it's best. Only micro-fiber cloths come into contact with your expensive U.P.V.C frames, sill's and doors. Offering your home total U.P.V.C protection.
  • Windows, frames and sill's are left dry and are not left covered in water. This stops dust settling and sticking to them, and prevents water from dripping back out of vents with dirt when the cleaner has left.

• We also clean interior windows.

• Frames and sill's are cleaned by hand which prevents frames and sill's going off white and grey. Keeping your Frames and sill's looking cleaner and newer for many years. Keeping your most valuable asset looking it's best.

Reach Water-Fed Pole System Cleaning:

This form of window cleaning that was first used for commercial work to carry out cleaning of office blocks etc. Until window cleaners discovered that they could clean houses in a matter of minutes. Earning up to£100 per an hour.

• Hard plastic brush heads come into contact with U.P.V.C frames, sills and doors.

• Only water is used nothing is added to it to give real cleaning power.

• No ability to scrub frames or remove black marks using U.P.V.C restorer and cleaning fluids.

• Cleaning is only carried out from ground level.

• Can not remove builders muck, paint, selotape or black marks from frames, sills or doors.

• In the winter months water that is left around front doors and paths can turn to ice.

• Only cotton toweling or micro-fibre cloths come into contact with your expensive U.P.V.C frames, sill's and doors. Offering your home total U.P.V.C protection. Using traditional window cleaning methods only, we can prevent your home from having frames and sill's a doors that look like this.

He is nearly right about the £'s per hour....isn't that why we do what we do..

What is the comparison then from trad tops to doing them wfp .

I know you have to go up and down the ladder mop a squeegee off detail etc

But in comparison how much time do you save as I am looking to get a trolley system to see if I am suited to this style of cleaning

now that is a question james allen...

I often wonder ....and sorry I cant fathom whether there is anything in it as I am quite fast up and down a ladder...

but...me likes it cause its different..it uses different muscles too..its just a change...

but sometimes it all goes wrong....yet...sometimes its great...

I wont be stopping doing wfp though ...a lot depends on the job and glass in question...

anyway...I only bought it to do my own back windows as I cant get a ladder around the back so ...I cant really lose../emoticons/biggrin.png

okay..it can be faster...a lot faster...and you cant really just do the tops as once you get into it you cant stop til the water runs out and you :gush: yep SORRY but I do cry...

banana is all mended now and ready for work on monday.

I do find a lot of wfp cleaners worry more about speed then doing a good job.

That's the ones that give it a bad name.

Some of his points I agree with & some I don't but that's irrelevant coz you should not slag off one method to get business for yourself. We're all in the same trade & trying to earn a living.

Incedently I've had cold hands now for 6 years & still not seen the light lol.

I have had cold hands since I started this trade 12 years ago all being it been on and off and still can't get used too it .

All I am saying is it has to be quicker than setting up a ladder going up doing what you have to do too the window then coming back down .

But there has to be a benifit from wfp been time effective as at the end of the day what every business you are in time is money

And I have had 3 accidents so now I am thinking is it worth it she I love my job

I do find a lot of wfp cleaners worry more about speed then doing a good job.That's the ones that give it a bad name.

Some of his points I agree with & some I don't but that's irrelevant coz you should not slag off one method to get business for yourself. We're all in the same trade & trying to earn a living.

Well said posh. I've been window cleaning for 30 years and really glad I changed to wfp. During this winter I have worn gloves for the first time ( toasty) as it's hard work wearing them doing trad. Best job in the world as I don't work on rainy days and can finnish when I like and bugger of out on my enduro bike.

I was right with him until it got to the reach and wash/earnings part. Until then all he was doing was selling his own businesses attributes. I've read enough WFP sites to know that the :turd: flys from both sides.

I have had cold hands since I started this trade 12 years ago all being it been on and off and still can't get used too it .
All I am saying is it has to be quicker than setting up a ladder going up doing what you have to do too the window then coming back down .

But there has to be a benifit from wfp been time effective as at the end of the day what every business you are in time is money

And I have had 3 accidents so now I am thinking is it worth it she I love my job
Best thing I ever did going over to wfp. Great results when done right. I do a row of 5 cottages in my village, all with small windows. Theses used to take me all morning and now about 1 3/4 hour.

Do you do all of them wfp gary53 or just tops
Tops and bottoms done with wfp. My customers love it as they get clean frames as well. Also some windows I could not get to safely but now can do them with ease.

I do find a lot of wfp cleaners worry more about speed then doing a good job.That's the ones that give it a bad name.

gd poin tosh

had young lad giving me hand the other week this is how it went

started great really ( sorry didint say WFP ) keen

kept watching and checking him, also learned trad the basics

when he was WFP could,int believe it getting quicker and quicker

alarm bells ringing

checked him again.. half a job was,int cleaning them right or rinsing could,int get finished quick enough

had word with him told him twice , then had no other option

Back