Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making the most of the situation.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sorry I glazed over about a sentence into that. I do eat vegetarian food sometimes ie. beans on toast ?. That’s about as far as I’m prepared to change my diet. 
Don’t worry about being preachy, no one actually reads posts like that from vegans,  we just pick out the odd word and pretend we listened to you while having our roast beef and Yorkshire’s cooked in lard. ?
Ignorance is bliss, so therefore small mindedness prevails for the masses, just saying ? fast forward 10 years and it will be a different ball game, I was totally dismissive for years I ate steaks and every meat whilst my wife was veggy then vegan, I have no issue in killing an animal if needed and have killed gutted and butchered animals in the past and would if needed to do the same again with game, 

I don't think no matter how much front people put on that very many will be able to kill, gut and butcher an animal on their own, because they are so used to been distanced from what needs to be done and it's all nicely packaged up in the shops, I am a proper working class lad and grew up in a traditional way in a pit village and going out and killing game to help feed us as we had nowt, I still respect those that continue the traditions and have more respect for them as are eyes wide open people and I have mates and other people I know who shoot and go out with ferrets, your not a townie by any chance are you who thinks a machine pumps out nice colourfully designed packages, just for you ?

Back on topic I have put this on my FB page 

With the coronavirus epidemic, I am introducing contactless debit card payments for my older long term client's who have always payed cash, new younger clients will have to pay via GoCardless direct debit via http://Pay Your Window Cleaner ( link is void and used for illustration)  this can also be set up for a family member who you may consider more vulnerable.

I will continue business as normal but I have as of this past week ensured a good practice of wearing gloves at all times and using sanitiser throughout my working day. Iron Giant 

Ignorance is bliss, so therefore small mindedness prevails for the masses, just saying ? fast forward 10 years and it will be a different ball game, I was totally dismissive for years I ate steaks and every meat whilst my wife was veggy then vegan, I have no issue in killing an animal if needed and have killed gutted and butchered animals in the past and would if needed to do the same again with game, 

I don't think no matter how much front people put on that very many will be able to kill, gut and butcher an animal on their own, because they are so used to been distanced from what needs to be done and it's all nicely packaged up in the shops, I am a proper working class lad and grew up in a traditional way in a pit village and going out and killing game to help feed us as we had nowt, I still respect those that continue the traditions and have more respect for them as are eyes wide open people and I have mates and other people I know who shoot and go out with ferrets, your not a townie by any chance are you who thinks a machine pumps out nice colourfully designed packages, just for you ?
? No I’m not a townie. From a farming family so I’m perfectly comfortable with killing things when necessary lol. I also did the whole pheasant beating thing and happily swung them by their necks when they were a bit fidgety ?. I’m not small minded, just like good food. We’ve eaten meat for god knows how long, I don’t see why the next 10 years will make any difference? 

Back on topic I have put this on my FB page 

With the coronavirus epidemic, I am introducing contactless debit card payments for my older long term client's who have always payed cash, new younger clients will have to pay via GoCardless direct debit via http://Pay Your Window Cleaner ( link is void and used for illustration)  this can also be set up for a family member who you may consider more vulnerable.

I will continue business as normal but I have as of this past week ensured a good practice of wearing gloves at all times and using sanitiser throughout my working day. Iron Giant 
Good idea. Might copy you! 
Less lifestyle chat and more business lol. 

Wayne was teeing off from the men's tee. On his downswing, he realised that his wife was teeing up on the woman's tee
Directly in front of him. Unable to stop his swing, he nailed it, and hit her directly in the head, killing her instantly.
A few days later, Wayne got a call from the coroner regarding her autopsy.
Coroner: "Wayne, your wife seemed to have died from blunt force trauma to the head. You said you hit a golf ball and hit her in the head, is that correct ?"
Wayne : "Yes mate, that's correct."
Coroner: "Well, inexplicably I found a golf ball wedged up her ****."
Wayne : "Was it a Titleist 3 ?"
Coroner: "It was, yes"
Wayne : "That would be my provisional"

Iron/Will - I'm still sniggering/snorting now...I've mentioned to my more vulnerable custy's that if I'm still alive I'll still call and clean but DO NOT come to the door and I'll leave a slip as usually (I've got a in van hand sanitiser - so will be overusing during the worst of it - or might considering selling on ebay it the price spikes)

Last edited by a moderator:
3 Bed Bungalow for Lidel loo roll you're having a laugh - Waitrose maybe but Lidel...really that's just profiteering 

Well corona virus has arrived in my little piece of paradise, somebody has come back from holiday in Tenerife with a little bit more than usual itch or montezumas revenge.

The shops have run out of hand sanitizer and bog roll.

Oh, and today was the first day of the cruise ship season.

We're all doomed I tell ye, doomed!

Well corona virus has arrived in my little piece of paradise, somebody has come back from holiday in Tenerife with a little bit more than usual itch or montezumas revenge.

The shops have run out of hand sanitizer and bog roll.

Oh, and today was the first day of the cruise ship season.

We're all doomed I tell ye, doomed!
Things don't look good on the whole right now, it's the unknown and if when and how long a lock down will be for, right across the UK and on your Island 

My Mrs is a paramedic and has already attended a couple of suspected corona cases, due to this I feel i'm at a bit of a risk (Not of serious Corona/Death but ending up in isolation) so I have used it as a kick up the ass to start training up a couple of colleagues and friends that have expressed interest as a contingency plan to keep the business ticking over in the event i am sick/injured at any point. Who knows, Corona could be the accidental push into employing!?

Apparently, the corona virus can be spread via bank notes, from one person to another. 

Any bank notes in your house could have the Virus, so using gloves, put all your bank notes into a plastic bag and leave them outside your front door and i'll collect them in the morning (free of charge)!

there must be loads more people infected than have been tested for sure......the good news is that most of us will not die and have mild symptoms and make a full recovery within 2 weeks....i reckon my dad wouldnt survive if he contracts it though....

It could at some point be everywhere and anywhere, we as windys touch so many different surfaces throughout a working day, I am using and changing disposable gloves throughout the day and using hand sanitiser I also have spray which will kill bacteria on contact,

but what do, do we do stop posting calling cards as we can't use sanitiser after we clean each and every house before we touch a letterbox and leave a card, then clean pole hose etc, then if the phone rings take gloves off and then put a fresh glove on, they did say if you handle money wash your hands after or use sanitiser, but we would still be holding onto that cash throughout the day in our pockets or wallets,

peoples complacency and lack of hygiene will see it spread, I overheard two young lasses the other day laughing about it and one said she had gone to the doctor surgery to get checked out, there will be 1,000's or millions of people who won't be taking this seriously, the next 2 weeks will be the teller and when they have to announce measures to delay and contain the virus, its March now and it could go on into the summer, summer last for months so in 4 months time we could still be dealing with this and have lock downs within this time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe some people are still turning up at doctors surgeries and A&E departments saying they think they may  have the coronavirus....some people are really stupid.....

I feel like I’ve maybe missed some details in the news, but what’s with the ‘if we can hold out to summer’ thing.?
Like the seasonal flu, they mostly disappear in summer and return in winter. Covid19 is in the same group of viruses as Flu and many colds so should follow the same pattern. It may be different though as this is new so the population will be more susceptible with there being no prior exposure and immunity.

Like the seasonal flu, they mostly disappear in summer and return in winter. Covid19 is in the same group of viruses as Flu and many colds so should follow the same pattern. It may be different though as this is new so the population will be more susceptible with there being no prior exposure and immunity.
A lot of people are saying this but personally I disagree. It’s rife in Iran, Indonesia etc now. What makes people think the Great British Summer will kill it off? 

Oh yeh thats not gonna happen. I currently have a student from Saudi Arabia, I’m asking asking how warm it is in his city when it’s cold rain here. It’s generally about 28/30 degrees there atm (not their summer atm) and yet the virus is spreading fast there as well. So we can write off that bit of hope lol 

I wonder who the first one on the forum will get it. Or may have already had it. i had mild flu symptoms couple of weeks back, fever bit only lasted about a day, then cough/cold for a while. Gonna be a pain if it clouds over the whole of our upcoming summer. What with brexit out the way, then all the floods still going, now this. 

It's been released for a reason IMHO firstly to deplete the population and effect global markets there will be some that are sitting in their ivory towers cashing in on this and as usual the common man is the one who really suffers. 
I reckon this is what has been planned at those top secret meetings in Davos.

Back