Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to WC

WCF

Help Support WCF:

IAC

I have a full time job and getting in to the window cleaning business. I plan on canvassing to strip malls on the weekends and hope to build and grow from there into residential. I work full time and get off at 4 so I feel canvassing after work would not be ideal since businesses are more likely to be busy at that time so that's why I'm thinking of doing it Saturdays but would like to turn this to a full time business to replace my current job Can I get some advice or opinions Thank you all I fully motivated and ready to do this just a little help to get started

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@IAC welcome to the forum.

You'd be surprised what time of day people are in,just pick the right houses that are in during the day. Also, you have other tools for canvassing too IE fb,fliers and paid canvassers for example.

Time of day isn't important when using other methods...apart from what time of day you put that fb ad on.

If your plan is residential then I'd personally go straight into that now. I messed about with some shop fronts when started and they became a hindrance (due to location and early closing or late opening time etc,got in the way of my resi work in the end).

Good luck in whatever you choose bud.

Totally agree with above posts, Domestic is a lot less hassle but if you can get a run of shop fronts then go for it.

As above, you'll also find most big shops have national companies doing them stupidly cheap, and will have to wait 30 day for payment. Stick to residential to start with, you can earn a lot more

@IAC welcome to the forum.
You'd be surprised what time of day people are in,just pick the right houses that are in during the day. Also, you have other tools for canvassing too IE fb,fliers and paid canvassers for example.

Time of day isn't important when using other methods...apart from what time of day you put that fb ad on.

If your plan is residential then I'd personally go straight into that now. I messed about with some shop fronts when started and they became a hindrance (due to location and early closing or late opening time etc,got in the way of my resi work in the end).

Good luck in whatever you choose bud.
Save some cash and buy ya work mikes easier [emoji15]

Hey best of luck, I ended losing in a battle with another cleaner chasing a shop - it was in fact a nightmare to do anyway and cheap as chips. Only concentrate like others here on domestic and some commercial if it comes my way usually by recommendation from a domestic custy. I'm day 2 into yr 2.

There is some brill advice on all aspects on here, which I watched and found incredibly helpful.

Buying work is not so bad maybe but what if your new to the game?how are you going to go at the speed and effiecney to maintain an experienced guys round?

So you buy a small bit of work instead. Don't expect to not make mistakes if brand new to this,I know I did...if you've no one to show you it's inevitable. If you build your own ya can't lose what ya didn't kinda own already imo..

I'd rather do what av done,canvas canvas canvas and build your own game and your business simultaneously. Much stress but much satisfaction too.

Buying work is not so bad maybe but what if your new to the game?how are you going to go at the speed and effiecney to maintain an experienced guys round?
So you buy a small bit of work instead. Don't expect to not make mistakes if brand new to this,I know I did...if you've no one to show you it's inevitable. If you build your own ya can't lose what ya didn't kinda own already imo..

I'd rather do what av done,canvas canvas canvas and build your own game and your business simultaneously. Much stress but much satisfaction too.
I was lucky new few nice old fellas who were selling so took me round taught me a bit n of I went never looked back

Keep us posted @IAC

Get all their contact details mind. I missed out on silly things like contact numbers nightmare when chasing payment .

All that you need is on this forum. Good luck

As Chris says always get a contact number and a email address so you can forward statements, invoices or payment demands, have a trial of Cleaner Planner, I would not manage without it. Any questions give me a call if your stuck Paul 07895645377 anytime mate.

Get on youtube and watch videos by Luke the window cleaner and his wife Reanna

He has recently made some very good videos with regards to techniques and running a window cleaning business in the states

Very nice guy to talk to also if you need advice as he always replies to comments on his vids

Check him out as you guys work a bit differently from us in the uk so his advice will be more relevant

Also some good guys on here who have lots to teach

Good luck buddy

Back