Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to wfp, what equipment to get??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i was getting quite cocky with my wfp today....not as cocky as some people from that xray pic ...but i just turned up and got stuck in ...the reason i do it on the sly so to say is...if they catch me and say oh i dont like wfp....i can say but....thats the way i have done it for the last six months...:thumbsup:

Get the gear, watch as many vids as you can, practice on your own house a few times and crack on with it.

Found my biggest mistake when I did my own was the top corners for some reason weren't getting a good clean, even after I did it twice, so now I go across the top several times side to side, and thun up and down a couple of times in each corner before brushing the rest of the glass and finally rinsing it down.

That is all after doing the frame and sill of coarse, and then finish off with a brush of the sill.

Ok will bare that in mind and practice before hand. Stupid question but how much water do you use roughly per house?I know it's a hard to out a finger on an amount but I wanted to get an idea roughly

Honestly? no idea really, not been doing it "that" long myself, maybe 8 weeks now? and a lot of them have been first cleans, which obviously take a hell of a lot more water.

The other day I did a 3 bed semi with two velux that was a maintenance clean, I filled my back pack which holds about 17litres, and I only used just over half of it.

That's not too bad then. Is the 4.6l di vessel that the other member recommend to me ok for me to start

my 20 litre back pack would do a semi but...i found out today...if you fully charge it.....it comes out faster....and i cant turn it down..ooops.

i still only a learner wfp and will be for some time....thats why i do it on the sly i am practising.....and thats why i trad check to see any mistakes...

one of the naughty things i do as a traddy is ...er....look at bathroom windows at this time of year....but now...wfp ...they get done...

well its dark when the custy goes to work and dark when they get home...

Its not the method, its the person who uses it, WFP isn't magic, you still need to clean with it correctly, but I think 99% of problems come from either poor water or more often not rinsing properly, I watched a guy do a house down the road while I was picking my kids up from school, he didn't rinse at all, so it didn't matter how pure his water all he is doing is moving the dirt around.
Some WFPers rinse ON the glass. I do it at 30+ feet high, but wouldn't do it at ground floor or bedroom height.

Some WFPers rinse ON the glass. I do it at 30+ feet high, but wouldn't do it at ground floor or bedroom height.
Yeah, must admit I haven't got that technique down yet, even on third story I just lift the brush off and rinse normally. This guy wasn't rinsing though, at all.

hi and welcome by the way ..chunk0002.....i got the full wfp kit off ebay for £300 to start off so not to bad....i bought an extra section of pole so probs about thirty foot ish...it has done all i have asked so far...but....i wouldnt want to be fully extended and horizontal for too long....

i only added one section but got a booster pump as well....yep i love it....

the lid is starting to be a pain to put on now though and its always leaked through the handle but a spot of silicon would fix but its always in use.../emoticons/biggrin.png

i just got around to my first fix to it by keeping the outlet pipe up by the handle with cable ties as i find if its on the floor it leaks out my pure...

No pump yet, has the pump got a solenoid on it so it turns off when the water does? or do you have to manually switch it on and off?

Oh I cable tied the pipe to the handle as soon as I unboxed it, just made sense.

yep i am a slow thinker at times it does make sense...

.yep its a pain to have to track back to switch it off...i bought a tap to fit inline but obviously that isnt going to work as you use the pole at different lengths...and i hate wasting pure ....the best bit is when you are just a foot short and have to go and move the trolley...but as i go round jobs more you learn where to put it....

i am currently looking to buy spares....especially the output pipe hozelock to the 8mm pipe as that looks very fragile...

So has the pump he sells got a solenoid so when you turn the water off the pump switches off as well?

Back