Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

O Clips / Ear Clips Shops That Sells Them

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris70

Hi does anyone know if any shops sell O Clips / Ear Clips can’t seem to find any can only seem to buy online iv just ordered some but not going to arrive till Tuesday really need them by Mon I can find the screw hose clamps but not others
Cheers

Maybe a hydraulics fittings supplier like Pirtek.

I've seen them somewhere local. It could have been at a local motor factors, Halfords or B&Q. I can't remember.
Maybe a hydraulics fittings supplier like Pirtek.

I've seen them somewhere local. It could have been at a local motor factors, Halfords or B&Q. I can't remember.
Cheers mate looks like b&q do 7mm will have a look tomorrow ?

Probably a motor factors. Here's a thing, folk are always saying i buy too much of things, which I do. When I buy hose from Exceed or Gardiners I always buy a dozen different size o'clips which cost me a tenner or more. The way I see it, I may need them in an emergency and I don't intend waiting a few days for them to arrive and hold me up. I never understood the Japanese philosophy of just in time. Its great when everything runs to plan but I have found out sometimes it doesn't. A few weeks ago I needed 10 gutter brackets (£1 each) and the stockist never had any in stock. So i had to raid my stock which had about 20 in it and use them to finish the job, happy camper and got paid. Tonight i needed expanding foam to finish my new shelves in my shed and had it in stock. If just saves me alot of time having stock of stuff or I seem to be playing a waiting game. That's how its handy to know other windies in your area in case you need to borrow stuff and return it when it arrives unless the Royal mail is on strike.

Probably a motor factors. Here's a thing, folk are always saying i buy too much of things, which I do. When I buy hose from Exceed or Gardiners I always buy a dozen different size o'clips which cost me a tenner or more. The way I see it, I may need them in an emergency and I don't intend waiting a few days for them to arrive and hold me up. I never understood the Japanese philosophy of just in time. Its great when everything runs to plan but I have found out sometimes it doesn't. A few weeks ago I needed 10 gutter brackets (£1 each) and the stockist never had any in stock. So i had to raid my stock which had about 20 in it and use them to finish the job, happy camper and got paid. Tonight i needed expanding foam to finish my new shelves in my shed and had it in stock. If just saves me alot of time having stock of stuff or I seem to be playing a waiting game. That's how its handy to know other windies in your area in case you need to borrow stuff and return it when it arrives unless the Royal mail is on strike.
The trouble is that somewhere, sometime you are going to get caught with not having a spare. It happens. I got caught with not having an 8mm hose connector on the van the other day. I carry an assortment of small parts in a couple of DeWalt cases which clip together. Thankfully, I had a couple at home which are now in the DeWalt cases. I need to order another couple - no rush, which means that I will probably forget. ?

The trouble is that somewhere, sometime you are going to get caught with not having a spare. It happens. I got caught with not having an 8mm hose connector on the van the other day. I carry an assortment of small parts in a couple of DeWalt cases which clip together. Thankfully, I had a couple at home which are now in the DeWalt cases. I need to order another couple - no rush, which means that I will probably forget. ?
But like you said, you had them at home in your stock and saved you alot of time. When my mum ran the hotel we used to borrow kegs from other pubs and got change from a guy who ran a post office. Business is all about forming relationships like a win win situation. ?

single ear is the better of the two,once crimped it holds the full circumforance whereas the twin ear clamps at each side and holds tighter nearer the clamp effectivley creating an oval type way of clamping the hose.
of course twin ear clamps are cheaper to buy but for literally a few pennies more you can buy the higher/better quality single ear clips,
both do the same job and the choice to go for quality over cheapness is down to the individual person imo.

single ear is the better of the two,once crimped it holds the full circumforance whereas the twin ear clamps at each side and holds tighter nearer the clamp effectivley creating an oval type way of clamping the hose.
of course twin ear clamps are cheaper to buy but for literally a few pennies more you can buy the higher/better quality single ear clips,
both do the same job and the choice to go for quality over cheapness is down to the individual person imo.
I think the single ones are made of stainless.

I don’t use o clips
I use pu hose for my poles and that grips any barb with no leaks, even univalve being constantly pulled won’t come out or leak
I also use a slightly bigger barb than usual for my reel hose rectus fitting and stick it on using hot water and it never comes off
The less to go wrong the better

Back