Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Advise Plz

WCF

Help Support WCF:

InNodWeTrust

Hi Everyone,

First post here (don't usually use forums).

I have an old SLX30 which I purchased 3 years ago second-hand when I was setting up. I've added the new clamps, but the carbon seems to be failing on bottoms of sections 1,2 which has me wondering what to do. It's my daily driver so I've never had experience of other brands hence why I'm asking all of you. I'm sorry if this has been posted like 100 times before.

From what I've read that most of you seem to run a 22/25ft pole with the 30+ in reserve for certain jobs. My 30 just about cuts it for those jobs (ideally a 35 would be perfect) but mostly I'm using sections 1-3 every day and ignoring the rest. Also giving me the dreaded black hands in the process. The question is twofold. Do I replace my daily with another long 30ft+ daily or do I keep the 30 for now and buy a daily pole for all my 99% of work and then replace the 30 later down the road.

The second question is which pole works out better?

Gardiner SLX
Facelift Carbon
OVA8

I've read positives and negatives of each but i don't know either of the other companies or how their products hold up over time?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Thanks Joel

We always try and use the shortest and lightest pole for the job we are doing. I wouldn’t want to use a 30 or 35 pole for all jobs only on the ones that need that length , I think you are unnecessarily putting a lot of strain on your body and wearing out an expensive pole when a smaller cheaper one would do the job . You could replace the worn sections . We use Gardiner poles I haven’t owned the ova8 but have used one and it’s not for us , having tried most poles out there we now stick with Gardiner’s as I feel they are the best out there both in value for money and longevity

Don't think there's a cheap get out for you. I'd price up replacing section 1 & 2, buying an end pole for a 25 and 35. You would then have the option of working with a 25 for regular work and then sticking extensions on for your higher work. Without looking circa £300

Latest Posts

Back