Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Replacement R.O filters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AndyArms

Hi everyone. I'm looking to find out if anybody knows which filters I need for my system here on the photograph.

I can't see any model number or anything else which gives the specific information, so I'd be very grateful if anybody could help.

I bought the system second hand around two years ago and only use maybe 200 litres per month, but while I've got the money I think it's wise to buy some replacement filters for the future.

Many thanks..

Attachments

• IMG_20231110_111029.jpg
    IMG_20231110_111029.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 7
10 inch pre-filters buy from daqua.co.uk you will need a sediment filter in number 1 and a carbon filter in number 2 just take out the gac filter inside number 3 and reattach the housing and forget about it because it isn't needed

Thank you, Iron giant for the great advice. I'll get some ordered.

One last question if it's ok....

Do the R.O membranes need changing out also. I opened one up and it's this type ⬇️ ...It was full of sediment

axeon membrane element model.
tf 1812 150.

--------------------------------------------
I'm sorry for the very novice questions, but I really do appreciate the advice.

Many thanks... Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_20231116_143311.jpg
    IMG_20231116_143311.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 3
I'm sorry for being a bit vague with my question. I'm getting 000 ppm on my TDS . I think I will leave the membranes alone for now and just change the filters out.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it !!! ?

Thank you to Iron Giant again ?

I'm sorry for being a bit vague with my question. I'm getting 000 ppm on my TDS . I think I will leave the membranes alone for now and just change the filters out.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it !!! ?

Thank you to Iron Giant again ?
That's what I'd have done, your pre-filters will help protect your membranes and need changing per the manufactures guidance

You will always get 0ppm from after your di vessel if the resin is fresh @AndyArms

When you need to change membranes is when they stop performing to spec. Ideally, your membranes should be removing around 98% of your tap water's TDs. That leaves 2ppm for every 100ppm of tap water for your resin to polish off.

Let your r/o run for 10 minutes and then test the pure water leaving your r/o before di.

They used to say that it was time to change membranes when they were only removing 94% of the tap waters dissolved solids. But that depends on your weekly water usage.

Formula. Let's say you tap water is 150ppm and the pure from the r/o is 4ppm.
150 - 4 = 146.146 divided by 150 = 0.973 multiply by 100 = 97.3%.

If your pure was 9 then that would equate to 94%

If it was 15 then the membranes would be suspect and probably need changing.

Thank you for the very helpful replies and making the information sink in a little easier.

It's quite daunting understanding all of the procedures involved, but it's becoming more clear the more I read.

Thank you again... Andrew

When it comes time to change your membranes you can fit a number of different capacity membrane in those housings. My first r/o had 3 x 75gpd membranes. I replaced them with 3 x 150gpd membranes which doubled my production.

When it comes time to change your membranes you can fit a number of different capacity membrane in those housings. My first r/o had 3 x 75gpd membranes. I replaced them with 3 x 150gpd membranes which doubled my production.
Sorry, ignore this. You already have 150gpd membranes in your r/o:sleep:

Latest Posts

Back