Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole help Clx vs Slx

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If they were not branded you would not be able to tell which was which @tench0771. Yes the usual suspects will jump on that comment claiming that they can always tell blah blah blah and as usual we all know they full of :turd:
Hi Green Pro Clean Ltd

I believe you and I were discussing this issue last week, but you chose to remove the thread! /emoticons/wink.png

I am probably one of the 'usual suspects' I would imagine in your mind - obviously I have a strong affiliation with the Gardiner range of poles /emoticons/smile.png. Apart from their originality they will easily outlast the other poles being discussed here. This is due to the patented design of the smart clamps which will allow most users to easily achieve 50-100% longer life from our poles than the competitor's poles mentioned. This should be borne in mind when making a 'like for like' comparison. Despite some poles having emulated the look and finish of our Gardiner range, they are not the same and will not last in the same way. Obviously having a wide choice of products is good and it is good for buyers to buy where they want to, but it is always best to be aware of actual technical differences in products so that a truly informed choice can be made.

As it happens @Alex Gardiner you are not one of my 'Usual Suspects' at all and I hold your opinions in high regard as I do the quality of your product and your customer service as I have said previously both publicly and to you in PM.

(I will admit I get frustrated with your constant answer phone but that is more of a pet hate than anything else)

I am curious to know how you are SOOOO confident that your product will as you say 'Easily achieve 50% - 100% longer life' that in itself is one hell of a bold statement, can you please share with the forum the scientific evidence you have to back this claim?

I will now state for the record that I am a FAN of your poles and more so your brushes (I will be placing an order for more brushes in the next day or two) I have nothing against them but I happen to believe in a free market economy and do not ever like to be tied to one supplier.

I hear excellent reports on X-lines poles however I think customer service has something to be desired, I also hear that exceed made some poles that a couple of lads on here have said were better than Gardiners but he has now quit making poles.

I believe in freedom of choice and I am simply offering my opinions on alternatives on the market, but please do share the scientific evidence that yours will last 50% longer minimum and I promise my next poles and all my future poles will be bought from you.

Do the poles come with a brush ands hose like gardiners Adam?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi @Hunty they come complete with Hose angle crank and brush head (you may need to purchase a hose lock or ructus fitting as it doesn't come with the connection)

Thanks for quick response Adam I will take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

As it happens @Alex Gardiner you are not one of my 'Usual Suspects' at all and I hold your opinions in high regard as I do the quality of your product and your customer service as I have said previously both publicly and to you in PM.
(I will admit I get frustrated with your constant answer phone but that is more of a pet hate than anything else)

I am curious to know how you are SOOOO confident that your product will as you say 'Easily achieve 50% - 100% longer life' that in itself is one hell of a bold statement, can you please share with the forum the scientific evidence you have to back this claim?

I will now state for the record that I am a FAN of your poles and more so your brushes (I will be placing an order for more brushes in the next day or two) I have nothing against them but I happen to believe in a free market economy and do not ever like to be tied to one supplier.

I hear excellent reports on X-lines poles however I think customer service has something to be desired, I also hear that exceed made some poles that a couple of lads on here have said were better than Gardiners but he has now quit making poles.

I believe in freedom of choice and I am simply offering my opinions on alternatives on the market, but please do share the scientific evidence that yours will last 50% longer minimum and I promise my next poles and all my future poles will be bought from you.
Never been a 'usual suspect' so it would have been a new experience for me /emoticons/smile.png

You know you love the answer phone really! If you leave a message a very nice person will ring you back very quickly /emoticons/wink.png

I agree that in any industry it is best to have a good choice of products to buy from this allows for budget, convenience and performance options for all.

I am confident in the tried and tested physics and simple mechanics of our Smart Clamp mechanism. The Smart clamp mechanism on our poles provide, on average, twice the operational clamping differential between worn tube diameter and standard tube diameter than standard non-self adjusting clamp mechanisms. It is this that will allow our poles to operate correctly for far longer than standard lateral clamp mechanisms. I could perhaps carry out a YouTube comparison at some point to show how effective this mechanism is in a test environment between the poles being discussed. No pole will last forever as they are an item that starts to wear from day 1 of purchase, but the Smart clamps do allow for a much longer and easier life from each section in use for the life of the pole.

You are in a perfect place to try this out for yourself as you have both poles. It would be worth noting how old your everyday Gardiner pole is now - perhaps your SLX18 that you bought in April last year - so this would be 10 months old. Then in 10 months time see how well the competing 18ft pole you have just bought is working - as in spinning sections and clamping efficiency.

Of course a cheaper pole does not need to last as long as ours, to be good value, but it is good to be aware of the actual differences in the mechanics upfront to allow for an accurate balance of working life versus cost. The only reason that I have posted on this thread (which, as per the title is about the Gardiner Poles) is that a competing product, that is demonstrably different to ours in mechanics (if not looks), is stated as being exactly the same (bar the logo) as our product. Obviously people need to have freedom of choice in the market, but you can probably see why I wish the information about our pole range to be presented as accurately as possible.

I might be a usual suspect but this is with good reason. My current slx 25 is 5 years old and is my every day pole. I don't particularly look after it either. It's been retro' fitted with smart clamps which I know for sure have increased the life of the pole. This Imo cannot be argued with, FIVE YEARS from my main pole and still going strong! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am confident in the tried and tested physics and simple mechanics of our Smart Clamp mechanism. The Smart clamp mechanism on our poles provide, on average, twice the operational clamping differential between worn tube diameter and standard tube diameter than standard non-self adjusting clamp mechanisms. It is this that will allow our poles to operate correctly for far longer than standard lateral clamp mechanisms. I could perhaps carry out a YouTube comparison at some point to show how effective this mechanism is in a test environment between the poles being discussed. No pole will last forever as they are an item that starts to wear from day 1 of purchase, but the Smart clamps do allow for a much longer and easier life from each section in use for the life of the pole.
OK, but what is the actual evidence Alex? Where are the test results that show that your pole will last 50% - 100% longer?

I am glad you are confident in your product as you should be but for a claim of such I would like to see laboratory condition test results.

If you have such then surely to post it here is only in your benefits, If you could substantiate such a claim then I am sure anyone reading this would never buy a different companies pole.

OK, but what is the actual evidence Alex? Where are the test results that show that your pole will last 50% - 100% longer?
I am glad you are confident in your product as you should be but for a claim of such I would like to see laboratory condition test results.

If you have such then surely to post it here is only in your benefits, If you could substantiate such a claim then I am sure anyone reading this would never buy a different companies pole.
I can certainly provide simple, measurable evidence of this for you, but generally do not set out to 'put down' another brand as a way of advertising our products, which is why I have not done so for use on our website and with clients. If you take a look through our website you will not see name dropping of competitors products in a negative way to 'big' up our own offering. What I have found is that after a year with other brands of poles our clients come back to us fully convinced of the unique benefits our products offer. We have exceptionally high levels of repeat custom from clients, many of whom have also tried other brands.

If you would like to see the measurable difference then I will put this together for you - which poles would you like me to test against the Gardiner Poles? For the reasons given above though I would not advertise the actual brands tested, but an educated viewer would usually be able to tell.

However it would have to be borne in mind that this testing has been and would be carried out by my own firm and so you would have to assess how much you trusted our firm to carry this out fairly? For true impartiality you could always employ the services of a consultancy firm who specialize in the durability and cycle testing of products. We have never needed to do this as our own in-house testing has satisfied us of the results.

Until such test results are published though you may enjoy watching a 3 year old video we shot which clearly shows the adaptability of the Smart clamps in use on a highly worn pole section - [media]

[/media]

I might be a usual suspect but this is with good reason. My current slx 25 is 5 years old and is my every day pole. I don't particularly look after it either. It's been retro' fitted with smart clamps which I know for sure have increased the life of the pole. This Imo cannot be argued with, FIVE YEARS from my main pole and still going strong! :thumbsup:
same here - fitted smart clamps to old SLX 3 years ago and it's still fine at 5 days a week hammer

ide b happy if i get 2 years out of a pole that i use dayly so im guna try these viper ones to c wat the crack is im guna order the 18ft in a few weeks

Back