Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole tap ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I added a remote control to my system that simply turns the pump off. With my borrowed sill brush the water stopped almost instantly, but with my new brush it dribbles for a while.

A bit of a hassle carrying the remote in my pocket, but it works ok for now. Might modify it to mount the remote to the pole.

I have a univalve which I have not fitted yet, and I'll surely try it out. Though I find I always either have the end of the pole below my knees, or rest the pole on the ground and thus the hose would be too far away to reach anyway?

Lots of windies work with a tap at the top of the pole. It's by far the cheapest way other than pinching your hose.If you are working with a trolley/backpack I'd suggest the Univalve. Should work inside or outside of your pole and your control is at your fingertips all the time saving you water which is crucial when working with a limited supply.

I use an SLX and though grit can get in the pole particularly when working in wet conditions, I've never had a major problem with the hose inside the pole.

I did try using my pole with the hose on the outside but found that to be a much bigger problem than whether or not grit got in the pole. However, all my work is residential so that may be why I couldn't get on with it.

If you set your pole up to be tubeless it makes it a doddle to disconnect and clean it.
I wanted univalve on outside but can't seem to place it any way without putting pressure on the push fit connections when pulling the hose..

When the univalve is fitted inside the pole, a hose stay is used where the hose exits the pole to pull against for this reason. You have to find a way to secure the hose at the top of the pole. Could you perhaps strap a straight JG fitting to your resineck/gooseneck with a sturdy cable tie and connect your 'T' piece to this with a short piece of hose. Then connect the pole hose with unvalve to this 'fixed' JG fitting. Just one idea. I'm sure there must be others.

When the univalve is fitted inside the pole, a hose stay is used where the hose exits the pole to pull against for this reason. You have to find a way to secure the hose at the top of the pole. Could you perhaps strap a straight JG fitting to your resineck/gooseneck with a sturdy cable tie and connect your 'T' piece to this with a short piece of hose. Then connect the pole hose with unvalve to this 'fixed' JG fitting. Just one idea. I'm sure there must be others.
Did this in the end the scraper holding the hose tight.

View attachment 8348

Did this in the end the scraper holding the hose tight.
I have the uni valve with the blue hose ( no stretch) and also remote fob , the remote is a bit hit & miss over once over 50ft , but the uni valve never misses I have mine set up inside the pole.

Glenn .

I have the uni valve with the blue hose ( no stretch) and also remote fob , the remote is a bit hit & miss over once over 50ft , but the uni valve never misses I have mine set up inside the pole.Glenn .
How can you add an extension to your pole if needed with it set up inside ?

How can you add an extension to your pole if needed with it set up inside ?
Hello Jaylee .

You will have to ask the guys that use extensions with univalve inside the pole , the length of pole I have covers all the heights I work at so I don't need an extension , sorry I can't help you with that one , but I will say the inside pole univalve works spot on for me .

Cheers Glenn .

Back