Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price increase

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I noticed Spotless Water have a starting price of 3.5p now plus Vat. I know you use it, is it all different prices around the country. Thanks SCS.
The newer ones appear to be higher, 4p + VAT and slightly higher. I think the one at @Windowcleaningfleet is 4p + VAT but the newer ones dispense the water at a much quicker rate. I think the new one near @Dave B is 4p + VAT as well

That’s what the supermarkets do so why not , and it’s not £2 the price has doubled and was treble at one point, an avarage increase per job of approx £36-50 would you be happy covering that every day of the week ? That’s between £180- 250 per week increase which ime not prepared to pay for .
I work on higher margins than Supermarkets and the above is not what you said. You said you were warning customers you might surcharge them. Surely you would have included the higher costs into the original quote so you're not standing the £180-£250 costs. In the grand scheme of things you're talking about pennies, with a weekly turnover of £20k I doubt a few hundred quid here and there is going to harm your bottom line

I work on higher margins than Supermarkets and the above is not what you said. You said you were warning customers you might surcharge them. Surely you would have included the higher costs into the original quote so you're not standing the £180-£250 costs. In the grand scheme of things you're talking about pennies, with a weekly turnover of £20k I doubt a few hundred quid here and there is going to harm your bottom line
I try not to increase a price given to a customer but sometimes it’s inevitable I cannot predict rises some of the jobs we are doing now were quoted back in March . I doubt you would do jobs and take a hit on each one of £30-50 it wouldn’t make business sense , your travel costs all over the country must have hit your profits hard unless you increase the price

The newer ones appear to be higher, 4p + VAT and slightly higher. I think the one at @Windowcleaningfleet is 4p + VAT but the newer ones dispense the water at a much quicker rate. I think the new one near @Dave B is 4p + VAT as well
I thought 3p a litre plus vat was a steal and made economic sense to buy pure rather than make it. Obviously if you have one near you. With all the publicity regarding sewage going into the sea untreated means they can bump up the rates to get more money and keep the dividends flowing to the shareholders. We are very lucky up here that Scottish Water is Nationalised because they are spending Billions on massive new sewerage pipes up here. I think its only a matter of time your water companies will go back to a Nationalised service.

I try not to increase a price given to a customer but sometimes it’s inevitable I cannot predict rises some of the jobs we are doing now were quoted back in March . I doubt you would do jobs and take a hit on each one of £30-50 it wouldn’t make business sense , your travel costs all over the country must have hit your profits hard unless you increase the price
I have an annual contract so can't increase prices mid contract, however we are getting more and more work off them, just been informed we have another 200 flats to do on the next quarterly run, which allows us to earn more per trip. It costs us, roughly, an extra £280 per trip but the prices we get more than compensate for this. We will however get the opportunity to increase the prices from January of next year.

I have an annual contract so can't increase prices mid contract, however we are getting more and more work off them, just been informed we have another 200 flats to do on the next quarterly run, which allows us to earn more per trip. It costs us, roughly, an extra £280 per trip but the prices we get more than compensate for this. We will however get the opportunity to increase the prices from January of next year.
That good that you are getting more work from them especially if it can be done the same time as the other work . ?

I noticed this week it cost me £35 to drive up and back to chesil beach fishing used to do it on £20 just fuel blady rip off at minit

The price for spotless varies all over the UK from 2 - 5P +vat depends on location and near buy competition for them.

With regards to putting prices up I’m the same as @Part Timer most of mine are in contract till April 2023 so just going to have to ride it out.
I know plenty of people paye who‘s pay hasn’t gone up no where near what inflation is.Every one will feel it at some point.AGain it’s just a case of riding it out will sort itself out in the end always does.

How many of you will reduce the price when cost inevitably come back down?

It's all up in the air for all businesses, everyone is just plucking figures out of thin air as it's anyone's guess whether todays price is too cheap and too expensive come 6 months down the line.

One thing I always remember though when I was a kid. There was a potatoes shortage one year, think it was bad weather, anyway as a result all chip prices went up in the local chippies and it was headline news at the time, I think they went up from something like 75p to around about £1 for a bag of chips. Anyway did the prices ever come down? Did they heck. I learnt that lesson very young and the same hold true today. Petrol prices might seem to be coming down, but now they know people 'will' pay £1.80 per litre, they will eventually creep back up to that. Happens all the time, shock them with a high price, then bring it back down a bit make them happy, then slowly creep it back up.

As for window cleaning, it's up to all of us to ensure that the industry remains in the high earners. We should be helping each other advise on how high to go, and what's working, what's not, not sniping at each other for being successful and daring to push the boundaries a bit.

Some industries are notoriously cheap industries to try and make a profit in business and some industries are no go areas for business, last thing we all want in this is window cleaning to be one of those industries because we all don't keep up with inflation.

The price for spotless varies all over the UK from 2 - 5P +vat depends on location and near buy competition for them.

With regards to putting prices up I’m the same as @Part Timer most of mine are in contract till April 2023 so just going to have to ride it out.
I know plenty of people paye who‘s pay hasn’t gone up no where near what inflation is.Every one will feel it at some point.AGain it’s just a case of riding it out will sort itself out in the end always does.

We have always priced material costs on what it costs us if prices go up so does the material costs we charge the customer if they go down then so will what we charge them as well . I feel this way is fair to both parties and is the way I have always worked .

Is that your meals for the week
No, that's my weekend snack ?

Tried that Tim Hortons at the weekend, I wouldn't recommend it, it's like a s**t McDonalds, that's not cheap either. Cost me £15 for Burger, funny shaped chips, coffee and a donut and a cup of tea.

Not cheap is it, especially when you can go spoons and have a meal with a pint for less than a tenner.

Let's get real here, we have people claiming to work for £100+ an hour but the material costs, which are 10% of the cost, have gone up 50%, are now prohibitive :ROFLMAO:
What you’re not understanding is next year I’ll only be able to go on 2 holidays because of this. Me and the wife have to put up with a vehicle each!!! That’s all, just one each!!! It’s a bloody travesty I tell you!!!

Latest Posts

Back