Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump position

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You could but if for any reason the inlet or outlet started leaking then you'd potentially have water going onto the electrics
Funny how many years ago Shurflo said it didn't matter and then advised that the pump should be mounted with the motor on top for the very reason you have written.
I'm not sure about the very latest Shurflo pumps, but up until quite recently Pentair still put the labels on upside down. You could only read the description with the pump head on top.

Funny how many years ago Shurflo said it didn't matter and then advised that the pump should be mounted with the motor on top for the very reason you have written.
I'm not sure about the very latest Shurflo pumps, but up until quite recently Pentair still put the labels on upside down. You could only read the description with the pump head on top.
Pretty sure my stamped-on label is upside down, I might be wrong, but my Shurflo label was upside down.

I’ve fitted it upside down as didn’t want lots of hose running around the van it seems to work fine with no leaks.

I had one upside down for softwashing and hypo dripping from a fitting totally rusted up the motor end
Worked fine but looked horrible once rusty

Latest Posts

Back